Author Topic: The Ability to Hide  (Read 126 times)

Offline brandon125

• Sr. Newbie
The Ability to Hide
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:09:35 pm »
My Vera UI is extremely cluttered up even after divided into rooms. There are essiental devices or child devices that are very necessary but will never be read nor controlled. I would love to hide unnessary devices that dont matter while still keeping them connected.

Online rigpapa

Re: The Ability to Hide
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:15:53 pm »
You can set the "invisible" attribute on a device (identified by its device number) by entering the following code into Apps > Develop Apps > Test Luup Code

luup.attr_set("invisible", "1", devicenumber)

This will remove them from the UI, but will not remove them from places where devices may be selected, such as plugins that read or manipulate devices, or scene programming.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: The Ability to Hide
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »
I seldom look at the UI, only when tweaking settings or chasing a problem. I prefer VeraMate, which allows you to customize what you see.  My main screen is pretty simple.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.1017, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.