Author Topic: Change Aeon DSB29 door/window switch from No to NC - Solved  (Read 97 times)

Offline Bassmanisme

Change Aeon DSB29 door/window switch from No to NC - Solved
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:48:53 am »
Hello All,

I've been using the Vera Edge for 6 months now controlling lights and such with no issues. I am adding water sensors based on modded Aeon DSB29 door/window sensor. I'm using these because I got 4 used real cheap on auction. I've removed the reed switch and added a water sensor cable. It works fine. However, I would like to reverse the logic. Since its a door sensor, it returns "open" (red icon) when there is no water and closed (grey icon) when there is water. On the tech sheet for the sensor it looks like there is an option to reverse the logic. However, I can't figure out which variable or parameter to change on Vera. Any help would be appreciated!

Mike
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:51:22 pm by Bassmanisme »

Offline kwieto

Re: Change Aeon DSB29 door/window switch from No to NC
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:24:24 am »
Check which configuration parameter is responsible for this setting and do a proper setting in "device options" > "configuration settings" section (you'll probably need to add configuration setting first).
You can use Aeon support page for reference, although I've found it tricky to deduct which of devices listed there is corresponding with "DSB29" model.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »
See the chapter 5 of the document you've attached, table "parameter number definitions". I don't know why Aeon have the way of designing these documents which makes them not really clear, but I suppose you need to change parameter 1 or 3, you have to try which one.

Go to the device settings (arrow pointing right next to the device name), then click on the device options.
In rare cases this is already filled and you'll be able to see something like a table from the attached screenshot.

But most probably you'll have to click "add configuration settings" and then the row like one from those on screenshot will appear.
In the Variable (first column) you enter the number of parameter you want to change (in your case 1 or 3); in the data size put 1byte (dec) as it is stated in the Aeon manual (last column, size); As for desired value, it seems that your choice is between 0 and 1, default is 0 so you should set 1 instead.

I have some Aeon Smart Switch and it creates the table with possible parameters (and description) similar to those you see in attachment, so if you have luck you'll have some hints and predefined possibilities.

Offline Bassmanisme

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:49:05 pm »
Changed variable 3 to value 1 and it did the trick! Thank you so much!

Mike