Author Topic: How do I duplicate a virtual device (from app) without a "Create Another" button  (Read 372 times)

Offline melsman

Hello All,

Trying to create another Virtual Clock device in UI7, but the "Create Another" button doesn't exist. (It does in UI5, but not in UI7. And yes - it has been cleared as compatible with UI7, and does create one virtual clock, but no others.)  I presume there is a "create another" command similar to the "update app" command, but I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Thanks,

Melsman

Offline melsman

Well, I answered my own question, and discovered another UI7 idiosyncracy in the process.

After doing more research, I found the following command:

http://My.Local.IP.addy:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=2838

But that gave an error.  So, I tried the "Create Device" option under the Develop Apps tab using the D_VClock.xml file. In UI5, it worked perfectly; a new virtual clock device was created immediately.  But in UI7, it told me that the device had been created, but no device was present in the device list!  I waited about 10 minutes, refreshed and... nothing. I did this two more times, and each time, the same - device created successfully, but nothing in the device list.

So, being thoroughly disgusted with this whole transition to UI7 thing, I decided to take a break for about an hour.  On my way back to the computer, I decided to power cycle the VeraEdge just for good measure.  And when I restarted UI7 - bingo... there were all three of the virtual clock devices.  Why it took UI7 over an hour to create them when UI5 did it instantaneously, I don't know. Did the power cycle do the trick? I have no clue. But at least I can continue forward transferring my logic.

Melsman

Offline Don Phillips

Sometimes you simply need a LUUP restart to see the new devices and then refresh the browser.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa