Author Topic: Scenes suddenly responding "{Scene} doesn't support that."  (Read 2500 times)

Offline mtruppi

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Scenes suddenly responding "{Scene} doesn't support that."
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 03:47:57 pm »
Same here, no longer dimming or taking the commands it used to.

I used to say "alexa kitchen lights 20%" and they would be 20%, now it says it can't do that.
Vera Plus bridged to Vera 3 over 10G house/building.  Schlage FE599s, Motion sensors, switches, micro dimmers, garage/door/window sensors, Nest, Dakota Murs driveway/mailbox triggers, 14 HIK Cameras, Ted, Alexa Echo/dots, geolocation, ping sensors, VeraMate

Offline Mark.butler1

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »
Interesting.. I'm still having issues with scenes, but everything else is now working.  Also, I seemed to have gained some extra functionality from the Alexa app, in that I can turn on/off lights from it which I was unable to do before.  Also,  'turn on/off lights' is again working for Alexa enabled groups, which hasn't been working for the last couple of weeks when I did have limited success with it before.

Offline Mark.butler1

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »
Update to my previous post.... I cant seem to dim/brighten individual devices, or on regular alexa groups.  But I can dim the alexa enabled groups by saying "Dim lights to 50%" for example.

Offline HSD99

Offline Sig

• Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:12 pm »
https://status.getvera.com/

Thanks for that link @HSD99.  It looks like that status hasn't been updated since yesterday morning.

I'm still getting "That command doesn't work on device {scene name}" when trying to execute scenes with my Echo.  Realy frustrating...

Offline beachboync

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:47 am »
Still failing for me this morning, Sunday 12/17. Ditto very frustrating!

Why can't we get timely updates? This is the second time these symptoms have occured in recent times.

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline bud@hartel.com

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 11:01:24 am »
Add me to the disappointed group. It has been a few days now. After numerous times reinstalling and re-linking Vera and Alexa.... no joy!

Come on Vera... get on this please. Most of us love showing off our home automation solutions and this is not good for the holiday visitors.

Offline kapstaad

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 01:38:04 pm »
Same problem here for the past 4 days (since Dec 14 2017).

Correlation =/= causation, however, I think it's remarkable that Amazon updated Alexa app exactly 4 days ago, and the new thing it introduced was.... scenes in the Alexa Smart Home section... :o

Offline kapstaad

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2017, 01:50:54 pm »
FYI: I unlinked my Vera account (thereby disabling the Smart Home Skill); clicked "Forget" to remove all my Vera devices and scenes; re-enabled the skill (via re-linking my account); then performed "discover my devices".

Surprise surprise... the hardware devices I've enabled for control in my Vera were all discovered; zero scenes were discovered (I have a total of 48 scenes, almost all of which run luup scripts, of which roughly 30 should have been enabled).

I love/hate my Echo.  Love it when it works :D; hate that I have no control over updates, and no way to roll back a bad one >:(

Offline kapstaad

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:12 pm »
Further update:

Found all my scenes, yay.  They're now listed in the Alexa app under Smart Home -> Scenes

None of them work, however; they all still generate the response: "{scene} doesn't support that".

I think this may be all related to another topic: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,51811.0.html

Home automation can be great, but I'm seriously frustrated with Amazon lobotomizing my system on a whim >:(

Thank goodness for Richard T Schaefer (PLEG) and Ronald Int'velt (HomeWave), without whom I'd have given up on Vera a LONG time ago; thanks to their dedication and effort, I still have a system I can work with, albeit one I can't talk to (until I get RTS's VeraConcierge working with my new Google Home) ;)

Offline shevett

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 04:53:42 pm »
Making sure this stays relevent.  This is a known issue, and the Vera folks are working on it.

https://status.getvera.com/

The current status appears to be "on/off is working, but percentages are not"

For me, I can do living room lights on, and it works, but it goes back to whatever the previous level was.  Logging into the vera console and chnging the slider to what value I want them to come 'on' to has worked, and I can on/off the lights to those levels, I just can't change them via alexa.

Offline Scoutmedic

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 06:56:31 pm »
Same here. Decided to email Vera and see what they say.

Offline markcm

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 11:57:37 pm »
Same here, no longer dimming or taking the commands it used to.

I used to say "alexa kitchen lights 20%" and they would be 20%, now it says it can't do that.

I too have been experiencing this issue of "does not support that" when trying to dim with alexa.

Offline tjv

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 09:41:36 am »
I'm having this problem again as well. It was a backend problem last time so I'm assuming it's that again. Can someone please take a look?

Offline gibby

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »
On/Off, Dimming and Scenes are working for me.