Author Topic: cannot get yale lock to configure  (Read 173 times)

Offline crackers8199

cannot get yale lock to configure
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:55:53 pm »
i've spent the better part of three hours now pulling my hair out over this and i'm getting really frustrated.  trying to set up a brand new yale key-free YRD446-ZW2-619 bluetooth/z-wave plus touchscreen lock with my vera lite.

i have my vera lite sitting by the front door with an ethernet cable draped across the hallway, have tried both battery and full power exclude/include, and nothing works.  i can't get the damn thing configured...it works, if i press lock/unlock the lock responds, but i can't for the life of me get it to configure so i can do anything else.  i've tried every suggestion i can find on this forum without any luck.

has anyone set this up recently that can help me get it working before i take a baseball bat to the damn thing?  i'm still on UI5 (1.5.622) if that matters and have no desire to upgrade to UI7 unless i absolutely have to...

Offline crackers8199

Re: cannot get yale lock to configure
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:38 pm »
finally did find a post that said ui5 needs upgrade to 1.5.672beta in order to see z-wave plus devices, so i gave that a shot.  now i'm not automatically at a red failure light, but i'm stuck on "getting manufacturer."

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 04:25:56 pm »
So, if I put the Vera lite in my front hallway with a long Ethernet cable extended to it, I can get it to configure. The second I move the Vera into the bedroom that is literally on the other side of the wall from the front door, it fails.

What can I do here? I can't leave the Vera next to the front door obviously, there's nowhere to put it there and no Ethernet jack...

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »
Another update:  full power exclude then include from the Vera permanent location worked...until I changed the name from _yale door lock to front door lock.  Now it's back to failed at user settings again...

This can't possibly be this difficult.  What am I missing?

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »
Might I suggest a call to Vera's tech support.
Those Vera Lites and UI5 are getting pretty old. Vera has had at least 2 hardware model upgrades since the lite and each one has been a better unit.
It might be that your lite is slowly dying or maybe Your new Z-Wave plus lock is not designed to with antiquated UI5
You can upgrade for less than 100US$
https://www.007systems.com/vera-edge.html

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:46:30 pm »
If I were to upgrade it would just be to add a zwave stick to my home assistant install...I'm really only using the Vera as a zwave controller.  Everything is done on my pi running HA.

In that respect I guess it might not hurt to upgrade to UI7, but I'd rather not mess with that unless I know everything else is going to continue working.

That's the other strange thing...even though it keeps getting stuck on configuring, everything seems to work. I can lock/unlock, set pin codes, etc without any issues...

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 10:18:12 pm »
If I were to upgrade it would just be to add a zwave stick to my home assistant install...I'm really only using the Vera as a zwave controller.  Everything is done on my pi running HA.

In that respect I guess it might not hurt to upgrade to UI7, but I'd rather not mess with that unless I know everything else is going to continue working.

That's the other strange thing...even though it keeps getting stuck on configuring, everything seems to work. I can lock/unlock, set pin codes, etc without any issues...

Well if you can deal with it like that then, as they say "Why fix it if it aint broken." A call to their support may help them if their is a problem they need to address.

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 02:45:40 am »
i have opened a ticket with them.  we'll see where that goes...

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 06:52:56 pm »
at support's request, i updated to ui7.  according to them, doing that then exclude/include would fix the problem.

guess what?  it didn't.  the damn thing still won't configure.  UGH.

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »
at support's request, i updated to ui7.  according to them, doing that then exclude/include would fix the problem.

guess what?  it didn't.  the damn thing still won't configure.  UGH.

Tech support could not get a Yale Lock configured? Sounds like there is another problem there.
I think the Schlage's are having issues with the latest FW but I haven't heard anything about the Yales.
Now that you have eliminated the UI as the issue, time to try something else. Maybe the lock or the Vera Lite or the distance?

Offline crackers8199

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 08:52:51 pm »
alright, new update...tech support was able to update me to the absolute latest version of UI7.  apparently when i did the update from UI5, it didn't fully update to the latest.  on the latest version, it has FINALLY successfully configured.

also, huge bonus points and props to vera tech support...this is the first time in the four years i've owned my veralite that i've ever used remote support, and they were awesome.  the update failed initially because the lite was low on space, they were able to remote in and clear up space and then do the upgrade remotely.  very impressed, considering i bought the thing four years ago and they still supported it...

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 01:36:09 pm »
alright, new update...tech support was able to update me to the absolute latest version of UI7.  apparently when i did the update from UI5, it didn't fully update to the latest.  on the latest version, it has FINALLY successfully configured.

also, huge bonus points and props to vera tech support...this is the first time in the four years i've owned my veralite that i've ever used remote support, and they were awesome.  the update failed initially because the lite was low on space, they were able to remote in and clear up space and then do the upgrade remotely.  very impressed, considering i bought the thing four years ago and they still supported it...

If you can get someone to help you they usually get the job done. Glad you got it working.