Author Topic: Monthly subscription for imperihome?  (Read 9063 times)

Offline adamhay

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Monthly subscription for imperihome?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 06:33:11 am »
Have just updated to this new version. I had a pro version before. Setting up a new a tablet and there seems to be no way to add Vera to it. What am I missing? Where is it?

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 06:40:30 am »
Have just updated to this new version. I had a pro version before. Setting up a new a tablet and there seems to be no way to add Vera to it. What am I missing? Where is it?

Look under "My Objects". Doesn't make much sense, I know, but hey. :-)
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline Inzax

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2017, 08:04:33 am »
I was having issues with Imperihome and like many, purchased the Pro version of the app back in the day.  I asked Imperihome via their website what the difference was between Pro and Premium; if we were grandfathered in and did not have to pay a monthly fee.  Their reply....

..."as a Pro customer you are automatically becoming a Premium customer. You just need to create your account and you will get the new 4.0 version including new functionalities. Regards."

So it sounds like we become non paying Premium members.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline adamhay

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 08:27:54 am »
Ninkasi,  thanks. After a little while adding a system did appear in the My  objects screen and I was able to add. Took a little while though

Offline treetop777

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2017, 10:38:31 am »
..."as a Pro customer you are automatically becoming a Premium customer. You just need to create your account and you will get the new 4.0 version including new functionalities. Regards."

So it sounds like we become non paying Premium members.

You know what, come to think of it, i'm going to let one of my "PRO" versions auto-update from the play store.  Based on their "reply" all i would have to do is create an account and continue to have full functions INCLUDING WHAT THEY ARE CHARGING FOR NOW as a new "converted" premium customer!  Yeah right!  I'll report back.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2017, 11:23:43 am »
@treetop777  I did just that, upgraded.  I am skeptical but so far I have three touch screens working on 4.0.4 after signing up for an account.  Added the third touch screen after signing up. 

I guess time will tell.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline treetop777

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:54 pm »
Confirmed.  Upgrading from "pro" will give you "premium" automatically (without a monthly fee).  You will have access to whatever those other services are..

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 09:40:09 am »
Me and my wife are also a happy user of Imperihome Pro. We just registered both as an account (with different e-mail adresses). Problem is that we both don't receive the activation e-mail... It is also not in spam box.   Did you have the same experience ? How long does it take before Imperihome sends the activation e-mails ? I also send them an e-mail to report this problem.

Offline Cor

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:45 am »
The activation email I rdcieved immediately , but To logon gave me a failure ...... I will try again today.

But what with the different accounts. Can you have more accounts on 1 Pro Licence?
My walltablets and girlfriend are still on the older version ........ and I am a bit reluctant to upgrade.

Cor

Offline treetop777

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 04:29:37 pm »
........ and I am a bit reluctant to upgrade.

Cor

You can upgrade and continue like nothing happened; Imperihome says they would be able to detect you are a PRO user and automatically transfer you to premium. 

But you know what, I wouldn't!  unless you have a way to revert back.

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2017, 06:08:14 pm »
We received the activation mails finally after more than 8 hours. I have now a premium license. As far as I know you have 1 account per license (but you can use that account on more devices like smartphone and tablet)

Offline Cor

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2017, 07:33:53 pm »
Ah , that is good to know.

thanks,
Cor

Offline Wekurtz74

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 08:52:01 am »
I scrolled through my owned apps in the play store, and was able to find the pro version there and installed it.  I still had to make account, but I was able to access the application features

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »
I scrolled through my owned apps in the play store, and was able to find the pro version there and installed it.  I still had to make account, but I was able to access the application features

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah - had not bothered to do that (I've been using android for years, and the list is quite long)! Indeed, with my tablet that I had to wipe and then found that installing the Imperihome app I ended up without the pro features - I went through the list of owned apps and found the 'pro' version. All good.
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline techstyle

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 10:06:35 pm »
I just tried paying for it and they wanted $4.99 per month.

Are there other similar options out there?