Author Topic: Wired Ethernet 120VAC 20A contactor?  (Read 278 times)

Offline CodeWarrior1241

Wired Ethernet 120VAC 20A contactor?
« on: December 03, 2017, 12:34:46 am »
Hi all,

I tried hard to search for this in the forums but haven't found much, hopefully people can point me in the right direction...

I've got an old Intermatic T101 mechanical light timer that I want to replace with a smart device to connect to my Vera Edge. Needs to switch 120VAC at 15A for lights only. I see the Intermatic CA3750 as being a pretty close replacement as a Z-Wave device, but I'd _really_ like to get a wired Ethernet contactor in there...

Basically need something like the CA3750, but with an rj-45 input and control. Failing that, something else that's wired. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Offline HSD99

Re: Wired Ethernet 120VAC 20A contactor?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:22:52 pm »
These are high-quality pro grade products: https://www.controlbyweb.com/products.html

Offline JohnRob

Re: Wired Ethernet 120VAC 20A contactor?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:06 am »
Its probably not what you want but the MySensors approach allows you to connect nearly anything to a VeraPlus.  I have my MySensors system connected to vera through a wired Ethernet connection.

It however is Arduino based and requires some amount of coding and packaging.

I've known about it for some time now and put it off until recently.  I took the plunge into MySensors to created devices that currently don't exist on the market.   But as I said, its not for everyone.