Author Topic: Saving Battery Life of Danfoss TRV and Thermostats  (Read 65 times)

Offline col8eral

Saving Battery Life of Danfoss TRV and Thermostats
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:37 am »
I have Danfoss LC-13 rad TRV's and Danfoss RS-Z room thermostats.  The wake up interval needs to be set to about 600 (ish) in order to get a good response time when changing the set points.  The standard value is 1800.  So making this change provides good performance but eats the battery life.

For many, you wont need the 600 wakeup during the night, so I have set a schedule to change the wakeup interval depending on day time or night.

If you create a two scenes,both  triggered by calendar.  Set one to run at say midnight and another at say 6am. then insert the Lua code below in each scene.

change the desired wakeup value to what you need.
If you have more than one device enter them comma separated. 

Code: [Select]
-- Required Wake Up Interval
local wakeup = 600

-- Array of devices
tbl = {55, 68}

-- Start Loop Through Array
for key, value in ipairs(tbl) do

luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1", "WakeupInterval", wakeup, value)

end

I'm sure this will help extend battery life.  You could take this a step further and extend the wake interval stiull further during summer months.

Hope this helps.

Offline kwieto

Re: Saving Battery Life of Danfoss TRV and Thermostats
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 08:26:00 am »
Yes,
Not exactly in case of Danfoss, but I have other devices where I can do similar trick.

Offline col8eral

Re: Saving Battery Life of Danfoss TRV and Thermostats
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:41:52 am »
I think it should really help with battery consumption as well as maintain performance.