Author Topic: amazon alexa  (Read 510 times)

Offline timpk60

amazon alexa
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:01:07 am »
Just got my echo is it suppose to show up in the devices when added 
all other devices show up lights locks sensors  etc
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:14:41 pm by timpk60 »

Offline JGnTX

Re: amazon alexa
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 01:19:56 pm »
Hello Tim,
It takes an extra step to get your Vera connected devices to show up on Alexa (took me some time to figure it out). There may be a better way but here's what works for me:
1. In a computer browser window (not the app), login but don't click on your controller
2. On the upper right of the window, you'll see your name - click on it and click on "Manage Alexa".
3. This opens up a list of Vera devices, from here you select which ones you want Alexa to be able to manage (checkbox on the left) and add any custom name you want the Alexa to recognize.
4. On the Alexa App do a new search for devices.
Hope this helps get everything connected and happy.

Offline timpk60

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 02:15:33 pm »
Thank You
that worked it would be nice if the alexa would show up in the devices and be able to to be used by vera like the motion and window sensors. Maybe that is on the Christmas wish list  :D

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 11:49:44 am »
Hello Tim,

I'm glad that you managed to sort this out, thanks to JGnTX's contribution.

Not sure how will this be possible, and what would be the purpose of it,  to have a visual representation of Alexa on Vera's unit, but I will report this to our R&D nonetheless.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:21 pm »
actually the echoplus now acts as a bridge controller.  it would be great to be able to add the echoplus as a hub so that i can control the phillips lights and zigbee devices.  i am not sure if that is planned or part of a future updat