Author Topic: Aeotec Nano Dual switch  (Read 1805 times)

Offline HSD99

Re: Aeotec Nano Dual switch
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:03 pm »
I've also been having issues since adding a nano dimmer.  Aeotec has recently sent me a new firmware to try.  If only I could work out how to upload the FW.  It appears more of a science project than HA system with firmware uploads
If this is a standard Aeotec firmware upgrade package, it will have a Windows program which works with the Aeotec Z-Stick to do the firmware upgrade. You will have to exclude the dimmer from your Vera, include it to the Aeotec Z-Stick network, and perform the firmware upgrade. After the upgrade, exclude the dimmer and re-include it in Vera.

This is a huge pain, but it will work.

Offline Dr.Penny

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 07:16:07 pm »
Has anyone tried hacking the settings so the internal switches don't get polled?

I tried adding the variable 'PollSettings = 0' to the light to stop it getting polled, however that didn't seem to work.

Maybe we could just turn polling off for the internal switches somehow?

Offline Dr.Penny

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:08 am »
OK, so I at least figured out how to disable polling of the device.

If you go to the two child devices, and under the Advanced tab, choose New Service.

Then put in:

New Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
New Variable: PollingEnabled
New Value: 0

Then polling the node gets disabled.

This works in as much as the network isn't flooded with updates, but the status of the switch doesn't get updated when it's switched at the wall.

I'm not sure how to program a listener for the device to update it's status, but I'm looking at it.

Offline Neffy

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 02:39:52 am »
Aeotec Dual Nano Switch.

Hi,
New to group and having issues with Aeotec Dual Nano switch. Joined the Vera Plus network with no problem. Issue is trying to get original light switches to function properly. Read in another Forum to press network connection button 4 times within 1.5 seconds, then toggle light switch once, wait 10 seconds then toggle same switch back. This worked great for the first switch. Works great from Vera and manually. Thought the theory might work for second switch, no such luck. Any clues brains trust.

Offline CRom11

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 10:07:36 pm »
When you say second switch, you mean S2 or second device entirely?

For S2 you need to press the button 6x

Offline delbz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 12:09:38 am »
Thanks CRom11 - you just saved me and my electrician further hours of frustration.
I found I needed to do 6 clicks to make it work on both switches.
Now I'm finding the switches slow to respond - with vera saying "Waiting to send again with ack".
The lights do come on, but can take 10 seconds to respond.
Edit. Seems more responsive now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 03:54:31 pm by delbz »

Offline CRom11

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 03:30:33 am »
Glad to hear it's behaving :-)

Re the responsiveness I found that after any change you need to wait to few minutes, seems like vera is syncing or whatever it is.. Patience isn't my best friend either :-)

Offline Insto

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 07:31:42 am »
Haha. Just as an update. I exchanged the NANO's with Fibaro (I have had a positive experience with the FGS-222 Double relay switch) and I selected the FGS-223 Double Switch 2. Don't let the "2" confuse you into thinking they are new and improved! Had all sorts of issues pairing then I find they have this massive lag and constant retries....Then I find a thread on this forum "Fibaro Double Switch (FGS-223) Lag". OMG I just returned the dodgy devices to receive more dodgy devices!!!!

Offline shawnky

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2018, 12:12:44 am »
I installed the nano switch today, so far, no issues. It did the not responding, yada, yada, yada for the first five minutes or so and then it all worked. It does have three devices, the first being the Energy used, and then two binary switches. The first also acts as a master on/off it seems. I wished it didn't, but it's there.