Author Topic: Aeotec Nano Dual switch  (Read 1239 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Aeotec Nano Dual switch
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 05:44:51 pm »
If only I could work out how to upload the FW.  It appears more of a science project than HA system with firmware uploads
You can't upgrade FW with Vera, you need to use Homeseer for this.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline HSD99

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:03 pm »
I've also been having issues since adding a nano dimmer.  Aeotec has recently sent me a new firmware to try.  If only I could work out how to upload the FW.  It appears more of a science project than HA system with firmware uploads
If this is a standard Aeotec firmware upgrade package, it will have a Windows program which works with the Aeotec Z-Stick to do the firmware upgrade. You will have to exclude the dimmer from your Vera, include it to the Aeotec Z-Stick network, and perform the firmware upgrade. After the upgrade, exclude the dimmer and re-include it in Vera.

This is a huge pain, but it will work.

Offline Dr.Penny

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 07:16:07 pm »
Has anyone tried hacking the settings so the internal switches don't get polled?

I tried adding the variable 'PollSettings = 0' to the light to stop it getting polled, however that didn't seem to work.

Maybe we could just turn polling off for the internal switches somehow?

Offline Dr.Penny

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 09:21:08 am »
OK, so I at least figured out how to disable polling of the device.

If you go to the two child devices, and under the Advanced tab, choose New Service.

Then put in:

New Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
New Variable: PollingEnabled
New Value: 0

Then polling the node gets disabled.

This works in as much as the network isn't flooded with updates, but the status of the switch doesn't get updated when it's switched at the wall.

I'm not sure how to program a listener for the device to update it's status, but I'm looking at it.