Author Topic: Smart Virtual Thermostat plugin - erratic behaviour, how to reset?  (Read 458 times)

Online Forzaalfa

Re: Smart Virtual Thermostat plugin - erratic behaviour, how to reset?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 11:08:25 am »
I've taken the reporting down to two minutes on mine, or with a temp. change of .5 degrees i think? I have USB power, so battery is no issue.

I like your plan, i think your approach to "smart" thermostat is right for most users of it. The manual oven thermostat works like that too, all i need in extra features over that is to control the set point. Its nice  with a converging graph, but not as important in terms of power saving i think..
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Online Forzaalfa

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 02:32:39 am »
One small thing; I'm using Eventwatcher to log all sensor data, and the thermostat shows up here with the same value as the temperature sensor.. In my system it would be really cool if it instead would report setpoint instead of sensor temp, in that case i could overlay the setpoint curve to the actual curve in graphs. :)
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 12:57:43 pm »
EventWatcher is picking up on the fact that AVT implements the TemperatureSensor1 service. The temperature it advertises through this service (in variable CurrentTemperature) is the average reading of all eligible, configured temperature sensors (you can configure more than one).

I don't use EventWatcher, but I know @akbooer and he's a clever, forward-thinking guy and I have to imagine there's probably a way to custom-configure something to watch. If it's not obvious how you do that, I'd reach out to him in the support thread for that plugin and see what he says. You probably just want to watch CurrentSetpoint in urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1, which is pretty standard.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Online Forzaalfa

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 02:57:05 am »
Is there a plugin thread for your thermostat project, Rigpapa?

One small and humble request: could you make is visible in Imperihome, like the smart thermostat? :)

Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e