Author Topic: Updating Veralite with latest firmware, not enough memory, so exasperating...  (Read 1028 times)

Offline chris66

Each time there is a new firmware, for poor Veralite owner, there is the low memory available message, and the procedure from Vera is so time consuming, and not always successful. Backup, Backup z-wave, Reset to default factory, etc. This time, I had the blue led blinking, forcing me to go via Telnet to resolve the issue...

Now I have lost some switches: System error : Device: 18. Fail to load implementation file D_BinaryLight1.xml

So my question is, When will Vera provide an acceptable firmware update procedure? Or officially tell the Veralite owners that UI7 is no more supported by Vera???

Offline Don Phillips

I have the same issue with my Vera 3.  The only option I have is to buy a newer unit with the increased memory so it can update. Thus far the Secure is on my list but still a little too much for my blood while the 3 is meeting my needs - so I put up with the PIA.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline chris66

WOW, new firmware today, so I've tried to launch my backup AND z-wave backup, but this time it refuses to start. So I think this time my Veralite is good for trash...   :'(

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
@chris and everyone, I would give it a chance by checking with our Customer Care guys first. See my signature for details.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline paros

I am shore that the customer service will fix it. But it seems like lack of space on the Vera controllers is a pain for us users (I have a Vera plus and was not able to update)..

Offline sebby

@chris and everyone, I would give it a chance by checking with our Customer Care guys first. See my signature for details.

how about giving us the ability to do nfs mounts so we can offload some of the storage related shtuff off to another machine?

Offline chris66

Very strange, before Christmas holidays (22.12.17) I had a message for an new firmware available, and now no more message. I have 1.7.987. But sure I had a message for a 1.7.XX with another version available...

Offline Don Phillips

It was temporarily withdrawn - some folks had issues.  I suspect it will be reissued in a couple of weeks.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline chris66

No way to store something on the external USB? Now they charge apps that we do not choose to have like Amazon Alexa Helper, this is space consuming...