Author Topic: Fibaro radiator thermostat FGT-001  (Read 2268 times)

Offline JohnK

Re: Fibaro radiator thermostat FGT-001
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 05:54:57 am »
Hm,.. Getting same problems reported re not completing configuration: I'm  getting a persistent error of ?please wait! Getting the manufacturer?.  I have gone though three to four cycles of excluding it, an re-including it, waking it up, and leaving it for 18 hours, without making any progress. Emailed the vendor and they suggested contacting Vera tech support.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 05:01:00 am »

Found this on Fibaro forum today.

"I had a very bad experience with the heat controller last night.

One of them is placed in a closed desk at 2nd floor. I have not noticed that the battery level was low yesterday (10%). At beginning of the night, the battery was fully discharged.

In this case, the behaviour of the heat controller seems to be : put in fully open position. This is not a good design choice, and this is very dangerous  : the radiator will heat without any temperature feedback!!. The temperature has risen all night long ... up to 50..60 degrees in the room. Some smoke has been generated when opening the door in the morning. I go rarely in this room... what if this situation was maintained all the day???

On the other side, this open valve mode is probably controlled by a microcontroller. What if any failure mode happen (even with battery fully charged), putting accidentally the valve in this mode??? Additionally in this mode, even with deported sensor, you will probably don't have any temp  feedback...

For me, this open valve mode is a huge human security lack which can result in catastrophic events . Imagine of the valve was installed in the baby room!!!!

My project of installing these valves in every room is paused now if no solution is found to avoid that!"

Offline svaleb

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 05:05:14 am »
And this from there support.

" Thank you for your patience!

I just wanted to make sure that those information posted by @eureka are accurate:

- extra sensor reports every 10 minutes to the thermostatic head

- The Fibaro Heat Controller reports to the HC every 2-3 hours or when the temperature readings differ by 0.5-1 degree from the last report

- we found some incorrect calculations

I can confirm that we are preparing an update for The Fibaro Heat Controller. However, I cannot specify any dates just yet."

Offline kwieto

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 05:43:30 am »
Fibaro had some flirt with Danfoss thermostats in the past, and I suppose the new one is in fact some variation of (modernized?) Danfoss LC-13 head, for which I found similar behaviour as you describe (valve completely open in case of running out of power).

After short marriage with Danfoss and its clones (Popp, Devolo) I prefer Eurotronic products, at least at places where they are not visible at the first look.
They are bulky and ugly compared to Danfoss and especially new Fibaro product, but they are very reliable and, if I remember correctly, in case of power outage the valve just stays in its last position.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 03:38:42 am »
Yes, I have Danfoss and eurotronic (comet), but I ekspected more from fibaro.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 06:20:03 am »
Copy from Fibaro forum

"I too am seeing issues with the heat controller and external sensor not opening the valve when the room is colder than the setpoint and not closing the valve when the room is (much) warmer than the set point.

To make things worse, I am a HomeSeer user and have no way to apply a firmware update when it is released. My distributor (Vesternet) will not offer an upgrade service and will only offer a return and "hopefully you will get the right firmware if you purchase another one".

Can you (Fibaro) please consider again those of your customers who may have invested lots of money in your modules but use another controller?

I personally can't see 'reverse engineering' being a big risk and even if it were, there are many ways you could put firmware out there without it being accessible to prying eyes. (Encrypted files applied through a small standalone application, for example).

In this day and age releasing products that will inevitably need firmware updates without providing an accessible means of applying those updates is very limiting.  Having invested hundred of pounds over the years in HomeSeer software I don't want to have to spend more money on tools to make the products I have bought in good faith work.   I don't have to buy hardware to apply firmware updates to other things (PC Bios, RFXCom, Aeon Zwave modules, Bluetooth headphones, Amazon kindle, Amazon Echo, Apple iPhone etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully you will find a way to allow all your customers to keep their products up to date. I have my fingers crossed."

Offline svaleb

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 04:11:20 am »
Fibaro has found faults.
This is a copy from there forum.
From the administrator

"In this case, once the new firmware will be deployed, you will be able to use standard warranty procedure:

you can return to the place you bought it and they will send it back to us for the update (free) or you can send it directly (one-way shipping cost to Poland)."

I beleave fibaro will make the update in there own system HC2 and HCL

BUT !   VERA please fix the integration
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:31:43 am by svaleb »

Offline Nisse57

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 06:48:16 am »
Any news on Vera support for Fibaro radiator thermostat FGT-001 ?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 09:03:12 am »
We don't have any samples yet, from Fibaro, for this device. As soon as we'll get them, they will be integrated.
Fibaro is one of the manufacturers that constantly supply us with their new devices, for integration purposes.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline svaleb

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 04:10:44 pm »
Thanks Sorin
Good to see this in the forum !
Regards
       CE

Offline dotneft

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 04:31:47 pm »
Hello!

do you have any news about FGT-001 support?

Offline Joe Daring

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2018, 06:55:58 pm »
Hi there...
Does anybody have any info about whether the Fibaro Heat Controller (TRV) is working now???
I mean both in general, as I understand a new Firmware was needed to have the TRV behaving correctly, and particularly in Vera?

Will be shopping for some TRVs before winter and the Fibaro Unit is very appealing...

Thank you
Joe

Offline svaleb

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 04:43:50 am »
There is no news.
Fibaro made a new firmware and it did not work, they are still working on an other.
The fibaro thermostat is only upgradeable in fibaro controllers.
Vera can do the upgrade if they have an agrement with fibaro but acording to Sorin thy have not even recived a thermostat yet.
For now the thermostat cannot be properly integrated in Vera.
When it came it was said "works in all z-wave sysestems but it still does not work in Vera.
BUT it STILL does not work in the fibaro system.
Bare i mind that temperature is not reported back from the thermostat unless you have the little bluetooth device for it.
Fibaro is of that oppinion that users does not need/cannot understand or handle the temperatur messured at the thermostat.
Besides (my personal wiev, I was aware when baying) I would prefer degeres shown in ciffers not coulors, it is difficult to tell grandmother, aunts and guests what coulors to use.

When, some day, it can be integrated in Vera you cannot be sure all features will work.

Offline Joe Daring

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »
Hi Svaleb and thanks for the update...

Looks like I won't be able to get a couple of these devices shortly..

Better look for something else..

Regards, and thanks again

Offline Tobb3

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 06:40:53 am »
Got this reply from vera support today
"The device that you are asking about was only tested by our development team and the integration is in progress, but I do not have an ETA for this."