Author Topic: Vera Plus (working beautifully, then chose fw update - now just power light)  (Read 7851 times)

Offline ploganak

I have the same problem as the OP on my Vera Plus. Unit is less than a week old. Tried several power cycles, network reset and factory reset. I get a solid power light, after a while the wifi light comes on then the unit it goes dark and starts over. So glad I bought this unit and paid for next day shipping to Alaska when a firmware update killed my old Vera3.

Offline paros

I got help to factory reset and restore previous firmware version and then restoring the backup.
For me, it seems like the problem is storage related. There is only 10mb available on the partition that also the plugin are located on.
I have no idea why it is such a small partition?

The support told me that other users had reported similar issues and we are now waiting for a fix until we try to upgrade again.

Offline MichaelCoffin

My Vera Plus is perfectly stable on 1.7.3232.  Reading this thread, and many others on the latest FW upgrade, there is NO WAY I will put my system at risk by applying 1.7.3453!  This is NOT how you release FW upgrades, throw it out there and see how many systems it breaks, and then spend hundreds of hours (both Vera Tech Support AND customers!) fixing what was broken?!?!

No, absolutely not!  FWIW, I am a mainframe systems programmer (since 1981) - I've done more hardware, software and microcode upgrades than I could count - and THIS is unacceptable!  If a bug associated with an unusual and unanticipated condition goes undetected during initial release, that's one thing - but this one looks SERIOUSLY flawed!  Many of the posts indicate Vera Plus ran out of space, you couldn't check how much free space was available vs. how much you needed BEFORE bricking someone's system?!?!?  :(

-MC

Offline Viruta57

Is it possible to go back to the previous version.... if yes... just give us the link so we can get our Vera Plus working again... For now it's a big mess... many bugs...

Offline cc4005

Is it possible to go back to the previous version.... if yes... just give us the link so we can get our Vera Plus working again... For now it's a big mess... many bugs...

If you can get the controller up and running (I did with a factory reset), you can downgrade to 1.7.3232 by using this link in Settings > Firmware > URL for custom Vera firmware. Then restore from a recent backup.

http://dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/mios/release/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3232-en-mios.squashfs

Received it directly from Vera support last evening and was able to downgrade. Unfortunately it didn't solve my issues, but that's another story...

Offline prplrhd

Thanks for the firmware link... may end up trying that with backup restore if I don't hear from tech support soon. Opened a case last night and awaiting a response

Sonia - thank you for monitoring and engaging with assistance. I have 2 VeraPlus and 1 Edge, customer since 2013.

Something is horribly wrong with this release or at least how it is co-existing with my current config. Symptoms:

- zwave devices are unreliable. commands are still working, but status is unreliable. For example, a zwave light switch or dimmer can be on, but vera reports as off. Manually polling causes the information to update for perhaps 10-15 seconds, then is reset to 0/off but the physical light/switch status is unchanged.
- zwave, zigbee and bluetooth lights are solid for about 10-15 seconds, then zwave goes dark, followed by the leds for zigbee and bluetooth.
- These symptoms seem to suggest the daemon process controlling zwave is crashing constantly, restarting, etc.
- Scenes are being triggered either by schedule or device, but the status isn't updating. As in, when listing scenes in the UI, the date/time of last execution isn't being updated
- Timers in scenes are broken. A scene that is started will execute actions immediately, but the actions listed as set to occur after a 2-3 min delay fail to execute.
- Ecobee plugin broken, fails to authorize despite continual pin reset attempts. was working ok before firmware upgrade

Ready to try the firmware downgrade and backup restore option, but this causes significant anxiety as prior attempts and just factory reset and restore left several devices, scenes and plugins broken, requiring tedious and time consuming rebuilds, script edits to update with new device numbers, etc. Hopefully tech can remote in and has some answers.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Hello people,

I really understand what you guys are going through as I made sure every person that posted here and reported, is being taken care of first hand. It's indeed an exception that we are investigating. We do have a couple of reports as you may see on the forums but I can say that the number of affected users is below 1%, which made it even difficult to find and isolate the issue but critical nonetheless.

I can report that our dev team has isolated the issue. As an immediate measure, the prompt will be stopped, and a back to back release with hotfix should be out by tomorrow.

We really apologize for the situation but we can re-assure that we are on top of this. Our Customer Care team will in the office 24/7 at your service.

Thanks,

The Vera team.

Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Viruta57

I did downgrade to 1.7.3232 b and I can get access to the LUUP editor..... I don't know if there is a link between the new  version and the old... But downgrading works for me...

Offline Neilyboy

Should I try to call in to a certain number @Sorin M.? I have yet to hear from anyone.
Thanks buddy.
Neil

Offline Sammy2

Hello people,

I really understand what you guys are going through as I made sure every person that posted here and reported, is being taken care of first hand. It's indeed an exception that we are investigating. We do have a couple of reports as you may see on the forums but I can say that the number of affected users is below 1%, which made it even difficult to find and isolate the issue but critical nonetheless.

I can report that our dev team has isolated the issue. As an immediate measure, the prompt will be stopped, and a back to back release with hotfix should be out by tomorrow.

We really apologize for the situation but we can re-assure that we are on top of this. Our Customer Care team will in the office 24/7 at your service.

Thanks,

The Vera team.

My VeraPlus is still begging for an upgrade which I will not do, not only for this but because of the current issue with Schlage Locks.

Offline prplrhd

Received email response from tech support confirming URL and direction to downgrade firmware. Interestingly enough, direction indicated it should work ok without factory reset and restoring backup (ugly if you have door locks that have to be paired again)

Ran firmware downgrade with URL provided and service is restored back to pre-upgrade stable status.

Will look askance at the next "update" and resume bench testing these first before putting them out into the wild. Would be nice if Vera could provide an after-action report so that those of us in the "1%" can understand what is unique to our particular controller, configuration etc that exposed this flaw. zwave chip perhaps?

Offline paros

After doing firmware reset and restore of backup the Zwave network has NOT got back to normal.
Using ALTUI, I can see that I only have 20% nodes communicating with eachother (compared to to before)..
During the night I got warnings about devices not connected (for example doorlock).

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
@paros, I would give it around 24hours as the mesh should reconstruct on its own if no other change have been made, to the z-wave mesh, since the backup was restored.
hope this helps.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Frankh

Please read my previous post...
I also can NOT connect to the Vera unit remotely through getvera.com  (always worked before), instead I get a message that LUUP did take longer than foreseen.
You guys experiencing the same problem?

Offline cc4005

Please read my previous post...
I also can NOT connect to the Vera unit remotely through getvera.com  (always worked before), instead I get a message that LUUP did take longer than foreseen.
You guys experiencing the same problem?
I had the issue and factory reset, firmware downgrade, & restore got me past it.