Author Topic: Vera Plus (working beautifully, then chose fw update - now just power light)  (Read 6455 times)

Offline missha

@Sorin M., Yes, sure. The next setup and upd firmware only with CC. let you know when i'll get the new device.

Hope to be part of Vera's owner community again :)

Offline qweekdraw

DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE!!!

Offline LibraSun

Having the same exact problem here. VeraPlus was acting flaky, so I decided to go ahead and update her Firmware to 1.7.3532 (saving a local copy of my Setup, naturally).

That's when the dreaded "Not enough space" error appeared, and I haven't been able to get any part of the UI to respond since. Power cycling hasn't helped. GetVera and Vera Mobile both report unit "Offline".

Saw this thread in the Forum too late to avoid trouble. Have submitted a message to Support, explaining I can't even "Enable Remote Support" at this juncture, so I expect we'll be talking by phone soon. :-)

Glad I'm not alone. Can't wait to hear what the underlying issue may be!
Vera Model I running UI4 (Firmware 1.1.1338), died in 2015
Vera Plus running UI7 (Firmware 1.7.2935)

Offline Mobilniy

DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE!!!
Don't have any issues on both Vera Plus and Vera Secure EU editions.

Offline droy

Just bought a Vera Plus from AMZ as an upgrade from Vera 3 and then saw this thread.
Are we past this issue with a corrected FW release - lessen learned???

Offline cw-kid

Received my Vera Plus today (3rd Jan 2018) powered up and added controller to portal. Then proceeded with the demanded firmware upgrade. BIG, BIG MISTAKE!  >:(
Now same symptoms as reported elsewhere in this thread. All lights on power light flashing. No access to device via web interface. Wish I had read this thread beforehand, but why would I. This is gigantic balls up by Vera!

I am returning mine to Amazon - will certainly think twice before buying into Vera again.

The exact same thing just happened to me today with a brand new Vera Plus.

So now I have a faulty Vera Edge and a new Vera Plus that isn't working.

Getting depressed now..  :(

Power light is just flashing all other lights are lit up. Not sure how to fix it ?

Thanks

Offline SweetGenius

Just wanted to report that I received a Veraplus today from Amazon. I did a firmware update without issue. The firmware version now is 1.7.3532.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Thanks for the update SweetGenius.

@everyone else, if you have issues please try to reach our Customer Care team before doing any resets or other procedures found freely on the "internetz". Thanks
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Tillsy

Thanks for the update SweetGenius.

@everyone else, if you have issues please try to reach our Customer Care team before doing any resets or other procedures found freely on the "internetz". Thanks
Bear in mind your comment won't be heard by new customers.

When I unpackaged my Vera Plus, it immediately wanted to update its firmware and bricked itself. Finally got it reset and re-attempted multiple times, and it kept killing itself.  Eventually after resetting it countless times, sometimes during the actual stuck update process, it finally came good.

It was only days later when I continued to discover countless bugs with Vera that I found this forum - Google kept pointing me here where discussions highlighted that every issue I was encountering were well-known issues with the Vera.

Not that anything has changed, the number of issues I keep finding with the Vera horrifies me that it is considered anything more than a beta product, but my point is that new customers will not see or heed your suggestion to contact support if Vera is fouling up on them in the first few hours or days of purchase as they won't have necessarily got here yet :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:39:28 am by Sorin »

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
@Tillsy I understand your frustrations and I'm sorry for that.

But the fact that you still find these conversations here on the forum and they did not end up filtered, so only the sun will shine, it only underlines the fact that we are honest and open about the good and the BAD, that we need to fix with our product. And trust me, this tactic is not always a good one business-wise since you also mentioned that you've found here "all the issues". But it must mean something for the great mass of our customers which have an amazing product with lifetime support.

I can't give you specific numbers but trust me, a 4 pages topic, is under 1% of the total upgraded VeraPlus units. Is this good? Not at all, and we're sorry that some had this issue, but this is only going to make us better.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline cswroe

Thank you t @prplrhd for the info and URL.  I too have suffered from the "upgrade" and "enhancements" I was able to access it locally by URL but the device was shot, not doing anything and "no space left on device" .  Reverting the firmware has restored my device and will not be upgrading.

Offline Terrox

Is this issue still ongoing?  My VeraPlus is now doing this after attempting to perform the latest firmware upgrade from 1.7.1786.  Nothing but the power light is on my VeraPlus.  I've been attempting to call the 1-866-966-2272 number but all I'm getting is the leave a message prompt.  I thought this number was 24/7??  My VeraPlus was running great until I attempted the firmware update..  Please help. :'(