Author Topic: GE / Jasco Smart Switch Reset  (Read 791 times)

Offline foneal

Re: GE / Jasco Smart Switch Reset
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 11:06:04 am »
No, I haven't called yet. I was waiting to see if xnetdoodx was going to reply with their call information into Jasco, but haven't seen anything yet? I hear Jasco support line is not so good, so I have been delaying picking up the phone. Probably next on my list though.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »
No, I haven't called yet. I was waiting to see if xnetdoodx was going to reply with their call information into Jasco, but haven't seen anything yet? I hear Jasco support line is not so good, so I have been delaying picking up the phone. Probably next on my list though.
Lol good luck. I would assume each device has a reset procedure for this very reason.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Priest

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 12:29:51 pm »
Did you guys try the method I posted above?  It came from Jasco's site...

Offline xnetdoodx

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 08:52:54 am »
Sorry for the delayed response.... Jasco support was clear and concise!  The 12722 CAN NOT be put back to a factory reset state on its own.  You must use the exclude function from any compatible zwave device.  The switch need not have have been part of the network of the device used to exclude it.  Since I've tried numerous times to do just that via my veralite without success, Jasco's solution was to replace switches.

So there you have it.  No more wasting time trying paddle/air gap combos for a reset that does not exist.

BTW they said to exclude it all you have to do is tap a paddle (either up or down) while your hub is in exclude mode.

Offline foneal

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:48 am »
Well folks, the Golden Prize for finding a solution is aa6vh. I took a tip from him and went to Amazon to purchase the GE Wireless Lighting Control Handheld LCD Remote for $30 bucks. Model zw5303 45633. By default it is a Primary z-wave controller. The steps were to go into setup mode, then light setup, then arrow over to Delete and press OK. The screen will display that it is waiting. While standing next to the GE light switch, I pressed the paddle board a couple of times and then the remote said success! Went back to the VeraPlus and when adding a lighting device, I just selected the basic Jasco in-wall receptacle. During the 60 second count down, I presses the paddles 4 or 5 times and checked the vera. Bam!! there it was. The screen popped up for me to name the device and select the room. Clicked Finish and the GE switch showed up with all of my devices. Success is sweet. I then followed the same process for all of the other light switches and a fan dimmer switch. All of them worked flawlessly. I'm thankful to aa6vh for bringing this option to us. I am very disappointed to hear from xnetdoodx that Jasco wanted him to replace all of his switches. :( That response is uncalled for, when they are selling an expensive device and they are supposed to be providing customer service when getting our hard earned money. The handheld was a good investment and I will feel better knowing that I have this option if my controller were to fail again. As an additional option, the GE remote can be paired with the Vera as a secondary controller until I might need it again as a primary. Thanks to all for participating in this thread!

Offline xnetdoodx

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 11:20:29 am »
Update:  As I was about to order the GE remote I decided to call Vera!  After 10 minute call (5 of which the tech was logged into my unit), my Veralite is now quickly excluding/including the Jasco switches.  Only info he reported to me is that there were some setting that needed changing.  The 2 switches I just changed are close enough that I am using power supply rather than battery and a long network cable.  Pressed the - button once, toggled the switch, waited 60 seconds as the tech said.  Pressed the + button, toggled the switch, waited 60 seconds, logged into web interface and there it was... detected and waiting to be configured!  Makes me wish I would have made that call days ago.

Offline foneal

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 12:00:51 pm »
Thanks for the Update. Guess I could have saved the $30 but apparently we have discovered a bug in the Vera code. It would be nice if they could implement the fix in one of their releases. Thx.

Offline johnes

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 02:07:55 pm »
I ended up having to powerup my old vera3 to get it to exclude.  Then I had to move my veraplus to within a foot of this thing to get it to pair, even though other identical devices had no problem pairing from 100 feet away.

Offline jvancil

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:53 pm »
I have been struggling with this same issue for two days as well. My VeraPlus Zwave network went dead 6 months after transferring from a vera lite. Per the info on the forums and discussions with Tech support (waiting 3-4 days each correspondence for them to reply) I reset my Zwave network. I am now trying to re include my 5 or so Jadco 4005 switches. As best as I can tell Vera no longer supports Jasco Z wave switches. The Jasco Smart Switch listed is a Zigbee device. I?ll have to try the exclude/include process with the Jasco receptacle as mentioned previously...