Author Topic: [Solved] Remote access no longer works  (Read 5786 times)

Offline kirbyb

[Solved] Remote access no longer works
« on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »
Help!  

Unable to execute command.  Please check your settings.

This used to work...  Local access works fine.  I've tried editing the remote servers to swap the order of fwd1.mios.com and fwd2.mios.com, using both by themselves...  nothing works.  I've got the VERA setup as a static IP.

How can I help figure this out?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:53:12 pm by rakstar »

Offline rakstar

Re: Remote access no longer works
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:09:42 pm »
Please try the following URLs replacing <username>, <password>, and <serial> with your info:

https://fwd1.mios.com/<username>/<password>/<serial>/data_request?output_format=json&id=user_data

https://fwd2.mios.com/<username>/<password>/<serial>/data_request?output_format=json&id=user_data

If neither one works, it could be a problem on MCVs side.  Another user resolved this by doing the following:

Logged into Mios.com, selected "remove" then selected "add" and added his Vera back to his Mios account.

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:28 am »
I painfully keyed in the json data request URL, and it 'returned', but returned 'nothing' for data...  So, I removed the device, added it back int, and then the json URL returned data (lots of data), and then, of course, the HomeBuddy interface also worked as before.

Should I query the CasaVerde folks about this?  Why would their servers retain the fact that I had a vera, but then would return no data?

Thanks!

Kirby

Offline rakstar

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:00:15 am »
I painfully keyed in the json data request URL

I should have mentioned that you could do this on your desktop PC as well, sorry  :-[

Should I query the CasaVerde folks about this?  Why would their servers retain the fact that I had a vera, but then would return no data?

I unfortunately don't have an answer for this so yes, please query them.  If you get an answer, please report back, thanks!  I'm glad you got it working again!

Offline DanWal

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:33 pm »
A few days back, I started having this problem with Home Buddy. I also couldn't log on to the smart phone browser plug in (said I had "no handler"), and I also could no longer access the HTN Vera Beta. I tried every suggestion on this thread to no avail, until I deleted my Vera in Mios and then re-activated it. Wish I had tried this first, as it immediately cured all my remote access problems. This thread was a great help.

Dan

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:51:46 am »
DanWal --

I seem to be having a similar problem to yours with Vera. Could you be more specific about deleting your "Vera in Mios."  Mios  has a "remove' button on the mios system page. Is that what we're talking about?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline DanWal

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 04:09:54 pm »
Sorry it took me so long to reply, yes that is what was referring to.

Offline computerjohn

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 11:16:37 pm »
I'm having the same issue..   >:(  The problem started as of the 10th. I can logon locally & remotely via the mobile mios website, but not via Home Buddy.

I'm getting "unable to execute command. please check your settings"

I haven't changed a single setting..  Any ideas????
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1245), IT-100, 2x Trane Thermostats, 6x Intermatic HA03 Lamp Modules, 1x Intermatic HA07 Remote, 4x GE 45613 3-way Dimmer Switches, 13x GE45606 Dimmers Switches, 2x GE 45605 Receptacles, 16x GE 45604 Outdoor Modules, 3x GE 45603 Appliance Modules, Automated Saltwater Reef System

Offline computerjohn

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »
ok, update..  I played around a bit. Under setting, goto Remote Servers & just use fwd1.mios.com

That just worked for me, quick & easy...  Not sure what has changed, but this works for now..
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1245), IT-100, 2x Trane Thermostats, 6x Intermatic HA03 Lamp Modules, 1x Intermatic HA07 Remote, 4x GE 45613 3-way Dimmer Switches, 13x GE45606 Dimmers Switches, 2x GE 45605 Receptacles, 16x GE 45604 Outdoor Modules, 3x GE 45603 Appliance Modules, Automated Saltwater Reef System

Offline dgmanny

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »
I had the same problem so I "removed" the unit.  However, I can't locate the "add" unit button.  Any ideas on how to add a unit?  I already have one vera unit, so this is a second unit connected from a different house.

Do I have to be on the connected to the network that the vera unit resides to add it?

Thanks,