Author Topic: New Beta 7.0.25b available  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: New Beta 7.0.25b available
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 05:33:21 am »
7.25b is basically a hotfix of 7.24 which contained some new devices. I know people will love to see even more of everything each build and we love to deliver. But there are a lot of aspects that are constantly updated and taken care of, that eats time from these more "visible" additions.

Newly integrated devices

Switches and Dimmers
* Fibaro Double Switch 2 FGS-223
* GoControl Z-Wave Wall Switch WS15Z5-1
* GoControl Z-Wave Smart 3-Way Switch/Dimmer WT00Z5-1
* Philio Smart Energy Plug In Switch PAN11
* Qubino Flush 2 Relay ZMNHBDx

Scene Controllers and Remotes
* Hank One-key Scene Controller HKZW-SCN01
* Hank Four-key Scene Controller HKZW-SCN04
* 2GIG 4-Button Key Ring Remote 2GIG-KEY3-433
* 2GIG Panic Button Remote 2GIG-PANIC3-433

Sensors and MultiSensors
* Hank Multi-sensor HKZW-MS01
* Philio Door/Window Sensor PSM08
* 2GIG Flood and Temperature Sensor 2GIG-FT1-345
* 2GIG Smoke Detector Sensor 2GIG-SDS1-345
* 2GIG Smoke and Heat Detector 2GIG-SMKT4-433
* 2GIG Motion Detector 2GIG-PIR4-433
* 2GIG Glass Break Detector 2GIG-GB3-433
* 2GIG Thin Door/Window Sensor 2GIG-DW14-433

Security Keypads
* 2GIG Wireless KeyPad 2GIG-PAD3-433
* 2GIG Wireless KeyPad 2GIG‐PAD1‐345

Doorbell
* 2GIG Wireless Doorbell 2GIG-DBELL1-345
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:35:49 am by Sorin M. »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Online rafale77

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 05:35:48 pm »
Thank you Sorin.

I literally can only count 3 production worthy firmware released for the Vera Plus since product release: 7.0.13, 7.0.20 and this one: 7.0.25b. Everything else broke one thing or another of significance whether it was Zigbee support, Extremely frequent Luup reloads, Random device routing losses etc... So I have to give kudos for this release.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 06:03:00 pm »
SorinM,
Does this FW beta address the blocking of  port 49451 which rendered many PI's unworkable?

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 08:29:43 pm »
I doubt they will bring 49451 back ...

Offline zedrally

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:00:41 pm »
^^^
Why is that? Something to do with S2?

FWIW, I have a UI5 network functioning perfectly, the UI7 was a test system on a Edge which now looks like going the way of the UI5 solution, which is don't upgrade it. If I upgrade to the present FW my devices stop working. No problem, I'll simply add another Vera Unit for new devices!
I've got a spare Vera Plus which isn't going anywhere ATM so it might become the new test system and then I still have an option of further upgrades to a VS when the next FW update breaks everything again.

It's a ridiculous situation to be in.

Really, why does upgrading FW become such a challenge, can't the development department issue guidelines on what Ports to use and what is reserved for future development and not to use as any future FW release result in breaking a Plug In that uses what it shouldn't.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 10:52:57 pm »
I believe they are cleaning up the firmware. I believe they are only using port 3480 for now.

What are you running on the Pi ... it should be using port 3480
You can always put some port forwarding on you Pi that forwards port 49451 on the Raspberry to port 3480 on Vera
... and then tell the app that your Vera IP Address is the same as your Pi IP address.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 11:12:39 pm »
Running RFXCom that uses Port 49451

Online rafale77

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »
@Sorin,
Now that the firmware is reasonably stable (My VP has not had a Luup reload over 5 days!), There is one area, I would like to see improvements: The zwave stack handling. I have quite a few battery operated devices in my system and some are prone to run out of battery.
I have scenes which actuates some of them and when they are out of battery and show as disconnected, the scenes executes very very slowly as if the vera was waiting for a response from these offline devices before sending the next command in the scene. When this occurs, the vera basically hangs, unable to send any other zwave action. I don't know whether this is a vera problem or a zwave stack problem. Ideally, it would be better to enable the zwave chip to still be able to send commands regardless of the reception of ack from devices for previous commands and then deal with the ack as they come. It looks like there is a timeout after which the vera decides to stop waiting for the ack and then moves on the next command which is fine but it creates a period of unresponsiveness which can be very annoying.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline gtallan

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 02:15:46 pm »
I've cautiously held off upgrading since 7.21 on my vera plus, but took the plunge to update to 7.25b and it's looking good so far. Update went smoothly and the system seems stable afterwards - no devices missing or misbehaving that I've seen, all plugins working as expected.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 08:19:47 am »
Very happy with 7.0.25b.  Vera secure was running well(ish).  I was having some connection issues that would cause the verasecure to show as unavailable for 5 minute periods at random times.  I was not sure if this was server side or something local.  Geofence seemed sketchy and not as reliable as with my previous Edge device. 

After installation of beta those issues appear to have resolved themselves. 

I also noticed the cell connection light has stopped blinking and gone dark.  I wanted to be able to turn off the lights since I don't subscribe to the service.  Blinking lights distract me.  It appears with this beta if you don't subscribe to the Cell backup/connection service the light remains off.  Thanks.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline myk

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »
Nothing but pain for me trying to use this release on my Vera3 - was running 1.7.963 and afraid to go to 1.7.987 due to perceived quality issues.  Having a vera3 I had to do a factory reset first, and have tried to restore from 2 different backups (today's manual backup, yesterday's automatic backup) but z-wave never starts up - light turns on but constantly getting: "got CAN" error in logs with nothing working. trying to rollback to .987 now and then down to .963 is that doesn't get me going

update1:
no good on .987 either

I think it's the restore process jamming up somehow, which wouldn't be required if the firmware updates were ~60k smaller to fit on my vera3 without doing a complete factory reset first.

update2:

just letting it sit for a few hours, z-wave started working again on .987, maybe the restore z-wave network takes a lot longer than I remembered?.  Going to shoot for round two on .1016 since everyone else says its so great and I could really use one worth keeping for a while
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:51:13 pm by myk »

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 07:05:01 am »
@myk,

There's nothing our Customer Care team can't help you with. See my signature for contact details and log a ticket with them.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 09:09:36 am »
So, what does the "UI8 Sneak peek" entail? is the UI all new? Screenshots? Comments?

I've seen the cries to make AltUI to be UI8, but is there any new features?

I'm hoping for more logical options in the scene generator (like an AND operator), is that on its way?

Is there a Vera Roadmap somewhere? It would be nice to see the future plans in some format..
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e