Author Topic: Devices working/found, but ALL scenes "not responding" Alexa Dot & Vera Plus  (Read 542 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Where do I find routines?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline cc4005

Where do I find routines?
For Android, from the Alexa app Home Screen it's in the top left menu (hamburger) > Routines.

Offline zedrally

I was afraid of that.
The Amazon Alexa app is not available in our region so Alexa is teally become useful as a boat anchor
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline nutshellml

So I tried to set a ROUTINE, but when I do, it says this scene is currently not supported.  Again, these are light only scenes.

Offline ranneman

nutshellml, routines do not support scenes yet for the Vera Skill. The routines do work for devices. So if your routine triggers a device to switch on or off that will work. If this device is a virtual switch the status change of the virtual switch can be used in Vera to trigger the scene you want to activate by the routine. To make this work the virtual switch needs to be changed a little to work in Alexa, see this thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47297.0.html. There is another thread on the virtual switch which makes this even more useful adding a third stage to the switch (ON, OFF, NOTHING).
Steps to make it work
1. create a virtual switch and change it to make it work for Alexa (see attachment for the files I used)
2. trigger the scene you want to run in Vera by the status change of the virtual switch in Vera
3. add the virtual switch to your Alexa devices
4. create a routine that switches your virtual switch(es) on or off

Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline ranneman

@Zedrally, I live in a region where Alexa was not available. However there are workarounds to get the Alexa app working. It involves setting up a US like Amazon account. By now I can use the Echo International which is supported in the Netherlands, however still needed a fake address in the US to be able to install all the skills I like and that are not available for Europe.
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline conchordian

I was afraid of that.
The Amazon Alexa app is not available in our region so Alexa is teally become useful as a boat anchor

Install this temporarily, and run it with the US settings:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liquidum.rocketvpn&hl=en

Clear the cache of the 'play store', stop it running, and then Google the app from a web page, rather than search the store, i.e. https://www.google.com.au/#q=alexa+app

It should install, and you can delete the VPN, if you want. Once it's installed, the app will update itself without the VPN.

Offline zedrally

^^^^
Thanks heaps for all of that info.
I'll have a try tomorrow and see how I go.

Offline iflatow

Can you describe how to make a "virtual switch" and how to incorporate it into a scene?  Thanks.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Download the Virtual Switch plug-in. It will create a Virtual Switch device. That device can be set in a scene, or trigger a scene. You can create multiple Virtual Devices for different purposes.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.