Author Topic: Only 4 devices coming over on upgrade (VeraLite to Plus)  (Read 1150 times)

Offline CasaUser

• Sr. Newbie
Only 4 devices coming over on upgrade (VeraLite to Plus)
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:28:17 pm »
I'm upgrading from VeraLite to VeraPlus. I've saved a backup (with a recent z-wave network backup) of the VeraLite, and tried to restore it to the VeraPlus without success.

Only 4 devices come over: PLEG, VeraAlerts, MultiSwitch, and RGBController (hmm... all of those are "virtual" devices).

I also get PLEG "exceeded free limits", so I bought another license and activated it, but the old license always comes over when I wipe and restore. I assume that's not causing the problem, but I mention it just in case.

Any tips on how I can make more progress? Am I doing the "upgrade" process more or less correctly?

I know I can (should) rebuild everything from scratch, but I'm obviously trying to avoid that. The VeraPlus has been sitting in a box, and I figure I can live with the existing minor problems?things can't be any worse on better hardware, right?

FYI, the VeraLite was on a fairly old firmware (because updating was often problematic). I updated the VeraPlus before restoring/uploading.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:29:55 pm by CasaUser »

Offline indub

Re: Only 4 devices coming over on upgrade (VeraLite to Plus)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 04:37:35 pm »
I'm about to go through the same process, upgrading from veralite to vera plus.  Did you figure out your issue? 

From what I've read, if we don't have the veralite still operational then the transfer won't work properly.  Here's the link I found:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2337105-to-veraplus-from-veralite-or-vera-3
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:10:56 pm by indub »

Offline bigmusic11

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:22:47 am »
About to do the same thing from Vera Light to Vera plus.
I have read all the issues back as far as 2014 and thought this might have all been sorted
Found that same link above so trying to work out if I should just start again from scratch or try and copy everything over.
What a headache 

Offline ww73

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:14:00 am »
bump.  this is exactly what I'm seeing with the lite -> plus upgrade now.

Offline ww73

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:16:02 am »
"we recommend:
Remove and repair the devices that are failing after the transfer, and/or
If the Z-Wave network isn?t very large, we recommend resetting the whole network and re-including all the devices on the new controller. "

Wow.  really?   :-(

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:52:28 am »
That is my plan when (or if) I migrate from the Vera 3 to the Vera Secure.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline bratan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 07:08:41 am »
Yeah I'm having similar issue. Do not follow that guide, according to tech support guy that I spoke it it's outdated and incorrect.
Also when I tried to upgrade firmware on my VeraLite to latest it got bricked and now completely dead.
Restoring backup didn't work either, all devices will show up but none will respond...