Author Topic: VeraPlus Upgrade  (Read 1676 times)

Offline hvazana

VeraPlus Upgrade
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:59:16 pm »
Hi There.
My Vera plus current firmware is 1.7.3232. The dashboard marks that this is not the most updated one.  Looking at the Micasaverde site, i can see there is a formal release of 1.7.3453.
I tried doing an additional update from the main screen, yet still, the current version remains 1.7.3232.
Is something wrong with the auto update engine? should i try to do a manual update?

thanks

Offline ranneman

Re: VeraPlus Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 01:33:51 am »
There were serious issues with 1.7.3453, my assumption is that this was blocked for downloading (not a nice solution however it at least prevents this bad release to be installed on your system) As you can see from the firmware history (http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles) there is new latest beta release. But that is beta so risky to install it. I have installed this beta on a test VeraLite because I was curious about the sneak preview on UI8.
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline hvazana

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 01:38:45 am »
Thanks for sharing . Seems I will have to wait .  I just have a new fibaro switch (double switch 2) which should be supported by Vera in the next version , and currently does not work properly . Thx anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ALcALoIDe

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 03:09:25 pm »
There is no mention on UI8... Where do you find this preview?
Vera Plus UI7 and lots of zwave devices

Offline ranneman

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 02:03:12 am »
Have been searching for that UI8. This is what it says in release notes: ""UI8 - New onboarding flow now available for iOS, Android Platforms"
What I found was a new setup in the Vera Mobile app (which I do not use). That now looks very nice but doesn't work on my mobile ???

Next to that I noticed a nice dropdown in the top right corner in the UI where you can switch between multiple Vera instances. So from there I can switch between my VeraLite and VeraPlus.

Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:27:13 am »
Same on my vera plus. You can be happy that you didnt upgrade yet :-)
I spend several days to fix my Vera Plus again after the update...

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 01:15:35 pm »
It is really annoying to have the upgrade firmware screen always nagging me every time I log into my VeraPlus. It would be nice if Vera would stop this from happening because there's nothing to install and this extra step wastes my time.

Offline bucko

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 05:24:18 pm »
+1
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline szopen

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 12:37:51 pm »
[...] It would be nice if Vera would stop this from happening because there's nothing to install and this extra step wastes my time.

+1