Author Topic: August Smart Lock Pro Installation  (Read 861 times)

Offline gsstewart

August Smart Lock Pro Installation
« on: January 01, 2018, 10:50:27 pm »
Greetings all

I have just installed an August Smart Lock Pro and wifi bridge, and am working on setting it up.  I had a couple of (unsatisfactory) adventures with Ring devices, and was unable to overcome a couple of hardware issues.  I gave up on Ring, and I installed the August today, along with the August Video Doorbell Pro.  The installation was flawless, and I am very happy with the results so far.  The Smart Lock Pro is z-wave equipped, and the inclusion into the VeraPlus was relatively painless.  It does cause a message on the install on the August app side that the Vera is "S0" and the August is "S2" - however it seems to function.

I am able to manually lock and unlock the door no issues from the Dashboard.  It automatically installs it in the "My Shortcuts" which I don't care for, but not a big issue.  Overall I am very happy with the result.

The only thing that I am struggling with at this point is trying to add locking the door to my alarm setting Action in PLEG.  I am able to program and save the action, however as soon as you try to execute the action, it dumps the door lock command from the Action.  I am perplexed, but will play with it a bit more before I dump the screens and send it to Richard.

Anyone else playing with this??

Thanks, and Happy New Year
Scott

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
Re: August Smart Lock Pro Installation
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:44:26 pm »
I have been wondering about the new August smart Lock and doorbell.  Does the video door bell function and integrate also?  Thanks so much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline echino

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:34:05 pm »
I have the new August Lock Pro and Doorbell Cam Pro. The Lock's Z-Wave function is very basic in Vera Plus. It only shows a standard lock. Door sensor is not showing via Z-Wave. Doorbell cam can not be integrated with Vera. Also, lock's internal home/away functionality is not accessible via Vera.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:07:17 pm »
I have the new August Lock Pro and Doorbell Cam Pro. The Lock's Z-Wave function is very basic in Vera Plus. It only shows a standard lock. Door sensor is not showing via Z-Wave. Doorbell cam can not be integrated with Vera. Also, lock's internal home/away functionality is not accessible via Vera.

That is a bummer. Looks like Doorbird is still the best way to go.

Offline quie2droid

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:28:10 am »
Vera is still supposed to be realesing their own doorbell camera, but they said that last year.

I messaged them twice on Twitter about it, but they didn't respond. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk