Author Topic: PLUGIN: RokuControl  (Read 146 times)

Offline bdparker

PLUGIN: RokuControl
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:21:10 pm »
Note: This is very alpha.

It is my first attempt at writing a luup plugin, and has only been tested with a Roku 3 and a TCL RokuTV on Vera Plus and Vera Lite.  Much of the functionality hasn't been tested at all. This was initially an attempt to simplify turning my Roku on and off, and it kinda got out of hand.

All that being said, it has surpassed my expectations in terms of functionality even though there are a few minor issues I've yet to figure out. I'm putting the code out here for all of you gurus to use, test, modify, and give me feedback. I'm particularly interested in how functional it is on other Roku versions. Keep in mind, I implemented a number of features in the Vera interface that may not be supported by your Roku device, however I found that there were more features supported on my devices than I expected.

Plugin is attached and code is also on github.

Incomplete list of supported actions:
  • on/off
  • volume up/down/mute
  • basically whatever is on your remote
  • launch or install applications
  • search for and launch content
  • change input
  • query active application

** Attached some screenshots
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:51:34 am by bdparker »

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: PLUGIN: RokuControl
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 08:57:01 pm »
I have a Roku 3 and will probably use a Harmony Hub to control it and the TV and receiver via Vera someday. I am currently using an old Harmony 600.

I was not aware the Roku 3 could be turned off. Is that just via the API or am I missing something?   
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline bdparker

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:26:29 pm »
So I had no idea it could be turned off either. It responds to power on, power off, and power toggle commands through the API and turns the TV on and off. The Roku itself actually stays on, which is nice because, unlike my Roku TV, it still responds to queries in that state.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:00 pm »
I did read "off" is just putting the Roku to sleep, or the screensaver that display's the time.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.