Author Topic: Vera Secure, battery issue  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Roots

Re: Vera Secure, battery issue
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:58:01 am »
Done that....Also emailed with support:
xxxxxxxyyyyyyy ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comsupport@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Latest I have claimed to arrange me replacement for whole unit. ASAP.

This Vera project (new with Vera) has not started  under happy stars, can not buy any 'slave' devices before I'm sure having a functional base in the form of a Home Controller...
Until now, based on this experience, confidence has not increased...hopefully it will turn around some point. 8)

Offline Roots

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 09:09:29 am »
Still waiting for response from Vera support for this issue, simple case but lots of days and weeks... :(

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 08:32:21 pm »
I hear calling them is very effective.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline Inzax

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 10:39:55 pm »
....also dropping them a line/message on their FB page seems to work well.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline florianec

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 04:11:29 am »
i face the same problem. Battery slowly drowning. Today at 66%, after reading this topic i thought about a heat problem (there is no ventilation for the battery). For testing i turn verasecure off (sitch under the cover) unplugged the battery and let it cool down. Then plugged it back, fixed the tamper switch and started vera again. Now its charging again. If there is now drowning i consider to make a few ventilation holes in the cover.

Or is this problem related to something else? (btw. is it possible to buy a replacement battery, if its necessary sometimes?)

regards Florian 

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 08:23:31 am »
Hello Florian,

If you haven't done so already, try to touch base with our Customer Care team and they will guide you from there.
Contact details in my signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Jamr

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 03:20:35 pm »
Hello Florian,

If you haven't done so already, try to touch base with our Customer Care team and they will guide you from there.
Contact details in my signature.

I noticed you are open at 12 midnight. What are the best hours/days to call to get someone to answer?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 07:00:39 am »
@Jamr

Although not yet officially mentioned on-site, we have trials for 24/7, so you can call even outside of these hours as someone should be there. If all agents are busy with other calls, please stay on the line until you are prompted to leave a voice message and you will be called back if you ask for it.
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline Roots

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 01:06:04 am »
i face the same problem. Battery slowly drowning. Today at 66%, after reading this topic i thought about a heat problem (there is no ventilation for the battery). For testing i turn verasecure off (sitch under the cover) unplugged the battery and let it cool down. Then plugged it back, fixed the tamper switch and started vera again. Now its charging again. If there is now drowning i consider to make a few ventilation holes in the cover.

Or is this problem related to something else? (btw. is it possible to buy a replacement battery, if its necessary sometimes?)

regards Florian
Nice to have friends with this thing  ;D

Still waiting replacement bat, takes pretty long deal with it (>1 month  :o) ...hopefully it will be even better due to long delay  ;)

I think also there is insufficient cooling in VeraSecure!

Offline florianec

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 05:28:22 pm »

regards Florian
Nice to have friends with this thing  ;D

Still waiting replacement bat, takes pretty long deal with it (>1 month  :o) ...hopefully it will be even better due to long delay  ;)

I think also there is insufficient cooling in VeraSecure!

A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved  :) I found this swedish site https://www.automatiserar.se/allt-om-vera-och-verasecure/
where people discuss the same problem.

hope your battery arrive soon. In the meantime i found a working solution for myself.
I drilled a few (better many as possible, my first try with half of the holes doesn't work) holes in the cover. I attached a picture. I now i may lost my warranty!
I also mounted verasecure in a vertical position and put spacers on the bottom side (so it improves ventilation) - see second picture.

I also switched from a very busy power bar to a single wall socket, i don't know if this can cause problems.

Now i can confirm two successful recharge cycles. It slowly drowns to 91% (really 90%) and then charges back to 100%.

! Thanks also to Sorin M. for offering help and take notice of my problem !

regards Florian

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 07:21:13 am »
Quite a bit of ingeniosity there  8)

Depending on the location worldwide, some battery replacements are taking longer than we would have wished since it's done through the closest distributor. But everyone having this issue will have it replaced. Just make sure, you have your request registered with our support team.

Thanks, everyone for the patience