We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: push notification plugin - file not found  (Read 1323 times)

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: push notification plugin - file not found
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »
I tracked down the syntax error. 

Great work!

In the javascript file "J_IosPush_UI7.js", the calls are made using a variable derived from a verde API for javascript:

var ipaddress = api.getDataRequestURL()
[...]
but why would the original syntax works on UI7, but not openLuup??

I can guarantee that the incorrect URL will not work on Vera, so I have to assume that the API call actually returns with a trailing '?'.  Quite why this would not be so for openLuup is way out of my expertise.  I simply do not 'do' JavaScript.

If someone can point to something that openLuup is doing wrong here, then I'm more than happy to fix it.

3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Buxton

Re: push notification plugin - file not found
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 06:32:46 pm »
Yeah, I tried to invoke the API in the test window but it wasn't known to the openLuup engine.  So I'm guessing that the API is registered through ALTui somehow.  Perhaps the problem stems from a character filter kicking in, or an unescaped character that is discarded. Whatever it is (if it is caused by a true difference in platforms), it means that any plugins that use this JS method will not work on openLuup.