Author Topic: Advanced editor - ZWaveNetwork1 - SendData  (Read 419 times)

Offline kigmatzomat

Advanced editor - ZWaveNetwork1 - SendData
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:16:46 pm »

Has anyone used the advanced scene editor for SendData actions? I want to get away from using luup as much as possible, given how the firmware upgrades sometimes introduce luup bugs. My luup command is below:

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='5',Data='112 4 6 1 1'},1)

Trouble is, the editor asks me for:
Node:    Node: ui1
Data:    Data:string

Since I have chosen the device, I would think it knows the node already. Does it just want
Node: 5
Data: 112 4 6 1 1

Yeah, I could just try it, but as I have had issues with my configuration getting corrupted, I am a little leery of finding a new way to break my vera. Support recommended I upgrade my firmware right before they yanked version 7.024. so until 7.025 proves stable, I am being extra cautious.

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: Advanced editor - ZWaveNetwork1 - SendData
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 12:40:29 am »
I tried the obvious options with no luck. Emailed support. Waiting to hear back.

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: Advanced editor - ZWaveNetwork1 - SendData
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 12:58:34 am »
So turns out it is unsupported

Per Brian @ support:
I have checked with my colleagues from the development team and found out that SendData requests for adding configuration parameters for Z-Wave devices cannot be configured through the Advanced Editor

This type of request is sending a command to the Z-Wave network of the controller (device id 1), which is missing from the Advanced Editor section of the scene creation wizard.

Regards,
Brian F ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate