Author Topic: Triggering scenes from a Fibaro roller shutter 2 (FGR-222)  (Read 349 times)

Offline Alb

• Sr. Newbie
Triggering scenes from a Fibaro roller shutter 2 (FGR-222)
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:10:09 pm »
Hello everybody,
I have three Fibaro roller shutter 2 modules and would like to trigger a specific scene when the blinds are fully opened.
However, the trigger I can set in the Vera Edge UI (whenever the blind is opened) never fires. Not if I open the blinds fully via the Vera UI, not if I do that via the switch that's wired to the Fibaro roller shutter.

This is with a default value of 0 for the roller shutter 2's parameter 50 (Associations activation) - because, as I understand it, I don't want to use the roller shutter as a scene controller but, rather, the same way as I would use a relay - i.e. just reporting its state and letting the controller decide what to do.

I have also tried watching a variable ("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1", "LoadLevelStatus") with luup, instead of using scenes - without any luck either.
In this case, I do see the variable changing, but it changes immediately (to the *target* value) as the blind starts moving, instead of reporting the instantaneous value as it moves. This doesn't work for me because I want my action to fire only when the blind is actually open, not while it is opening.

Do have any suggestions?
Thank you!

Offline Gabriel

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Triggering scenes from a Fibaro roller shutter 2 (FGR-222)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 05:43:23 am »
Well, I can think of two ways:
  • Wait for a few seconds after the change of the target value (enough time for the blind to go from fully closed to fully opened). This could be a bit inaccurate (in several cases, you would be waiting slightly too long) but easy to do within a scene.
  • Check to power reporting of the Fibaro module. The blind will only be fully opened once the reported power is 0W. Either you check this totally from LUUP, or you use the power value of your roller shutter module as a scene trigger instead of the blind level. In the latter case you can add a LUUP check to prevent your scene from running if the blind target value is not fully opened, thus your scene would only run after the blind motor stops AND the blind is opened.