Author Topic: IR Over WiFi Solution  (Read 120 times)

Offline ShawnInFL

IR Over WiFi Solution
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:01:40 am »
I need a reliable ir solution for a bathroom TV and DirecTV box. Want to control trough Vera UI7. This was the setup I was thinking would do the trick with Vera scenes. Are these the correct items and are they compatible and reliable with current UI7? Thanks for any input. It's gonna run about $120, figured I'd ask first. I have a Harmony Hub already running in my living room.

PROPOSED SETUP:
Global Cache iTach Flex Wi-Fi (Flex-WF)
Global Cache Flex Link Tri-port Cable (FL-T3)
Global Cache IR Emitter (2-one for tv, 1-for sat box)
iTachWifi (Mios App)

Offline cc4005

Re: IR Over WiFi Solution
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:48:55 pm »
Although it doesn't answer your question I wanted to offer that there may be a less expensive option--albeit with different capabilities and limitations. You could set up second harmony hub (~$75) in your bathroom--with or without blasters, as needed. I don't think it can be integrated with your existing hub, so it would run completely independently and controlled by the Harmony phone app. Then create a second Harmony Hub Control device in Vera.

I don't have this configuration, so you'd need to do some research to confirm it will work but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Offline ShawnInFL

Re: IR Over WiFi Solution
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 02:42:27 pm »
Looks like you can have multiple harmony hubs with current plugin. As you say, no need for remote, hub is plenty. Cheaper, cleaner, easy to install and more powerful. Thanks for the post.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:35:41 pm by ShawnInFL »