Author Topic: Anyone know what 'transmit failed with code 1' means?  (Read 11618 times)

markbawden

Anyone know what 'transmit failed with code 1' means?
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:49:12 am »
Anyone know what 'transmit failed with code 1' means
I'm getting this report from a thermostat i'm trying to install.

No info in the mios wiki. What's the point of having cryptic error codes shown in the UI if you cant look up what they mean?

It would be great if the wiki was maintained.

Tearing my hair out here, any help would be appreciated!

ctbaker

• Sr. Newbie
  • White and Nerdy
Re: Anyone know what 'transmit failed with code 1' means?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:43 am »
In my case it meant that the z-wave device is top far away to send/receive a signal. Could this be your case? Can you place an appliance plug in switch somewhere in the path and see if it foxes the problem?

markbawden

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:08:04 pm »
No, it's definitely communicating 0 It's a thermostat, it wakes up every 30 mins, and when it woke up Vera configured it.

Maybe one of the devs could give a definitive answer?

Guard

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »
I had the same error with a switch.  I set a Configuration Setting (under the Device Options tab) incorrectly.  After correcting my mistake, the switch started responding normally.  Any chance you set (or need to set) some special parameters?
Vera2, Cooper RF9518 x3; GE/Jasco 45609 x3, 45604 x5, 45603 x4, 45602, 45605 x3; 2Gig Thermostat x3

markbawden

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:57 am »
Almost certainly. I know I need to set some parameters. That's my main point though - it's hard to know which parameter to set when the wiki gives no reference to either what the error means, or, what the parameters refer to. I'm talking about the basics here, why can't we have a list of errors in the wiki?

myhomeserver

• Beta Testers
  • www.myhomeserver.com
    • MyHomeServer.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 07:00:58 am »
I get this every now and then on a appliance module in my barn, for some reason its just too far away to communicate properly and I get this issue.  Sometimes I can move the module and it goes away, yet mysteriously comes back on this one.   I think its a signal issue.....MCV???? Can you help here?
MYHOMESERVER.COM - See Our Vera 1&2Reviews
Vera1,2,3 and Vera Lite - Latest Beta. 80+ nodes - GE/Jasco, FortrezZ, ACT, Aeon, 3-in-1 Sensors, MiniMote, HRDS, Strobe, Water Valve, Water/Freeze, GE Wireless Keypads. 6000+ SF including Barn and Garage door modules. Squeezebox Integration, Door Locks etc

JOD

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »
Whenever I've seen this message it was after Vera sent a request. ie, to turn a light on etc..
The light would turn on but then the error message would appear.
Vera waits for an acknowledgement that the device received the request and acted upon it.
Then you would get "Transmit was ok"
If Vera does not get the acknowledgement (for whatever reason) you will get "Transmit failed with code 1"

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

DaveL17

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:10 am »
-- Transmit failed with code 1 --
-- Unable to get any information on --

I'm also having this issue (in-wall switch works normally but reports error code 1) and agree that it seems to be a communications error.  Further, the issue for me is intermittent.  After some research, it appears that it might be the case where the signal is strong enough to go from Vera to the switch but the return signal (from the switch to Vera) isn't strong enough to be read properly or is being interfered with.

Right now, my devices are all hard-wired (so moving them is not an option) but I have some plug-in modules coming and will see if that helps solve the problem.

mikkelj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:19 am »
Whenever I've seen this message it was after Vera sent a request. ie, to turn a light on etc..
The light would turn on but then the error message would appear.
Vera waits for an acknowledgement that the device received the request and acted upon it.
Then you would get "Transmit was ok"
If Vera does not get the acknowledgement (for whatever reason) you will get "Transmit failed with code 1"

JOD.

This is my experience as well.

oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 01:27:58 pm »
In general, when there appears to be some sort of communication issue, I would suggest moving Vera close to the device in question, for diagnostic purposes. (At least with the current FW.)

DaveL17

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 05:07:37 pm »
Update:  For reasons unrelated to this error, I performed a factory reset of my Vera, and re-added my devices.  I also added an additional lamp module (which is further away from Vera than anything else.)  Since that time, I have not experienced the error (about 1 week has passed.)

Can't say that the reset solved the problem for certain, it could be adding an additional device, but it appears that the problem may be gone for now.

oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »
[...]but it appears that the problem may be gone for now.
Great! What firmware version are you running?

DaveL17

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 05:39:56 pm »
Great! What firmware version are you running?

Straight from the dashboard:
Testing connection to: download1.mios.com ... OK
You are running the latest version: 1.1.1047 .

Dave

timz

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 08:50:59 pm »
In case there are others searching for a solution to this issue... My story is that I woke up one day and none of my devices worked. (I think it was a brief power outage that caused the problem) I was able to connect to my box, but every command out to my devices failed. Heal didn't work, reset to factory defaults didn't work, etc.

Finally I submitted a tech support ticket through the dashboard. They responded a day later requesting Tech Support access to the box and it was fixed moments after that.

Michele

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »
Great - I just got the exact same problem.  I just added a new light switch to my network.  It shows up in the Dashboard OK but now all of my devices go "Transmit failed with code 1".

FWIW, my Vera is in the same place it's always been and worked fine before.  I also tried a "Heal with Stress Test" and got:

"Results for the Z-Wave 'Heal' completed at: NaN-undefined-NaN NaN:NaN. Hover over any device to see the other devices that can see it."

But it still doesn't work.  And my scenes are in the wrong state and my door sensor is reporting tripped when it isn't.  Man, when Vera fails, it fails big time!  This is very not so good, that just adding one new node can cause the entire network to simply collapse unrecoverably in a heap.

I submitted a trouble ticket this afternoon.  Hopefully someone can fix this problem.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:14:10 pm by Michele »