Author Topic: BroadLink Mark II plugin  (Read 13246 times)

Offline a-lurker

Re: BroadLink Mark II plugin
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 10:29:46 pm »
Ver 0.53a  for stefanradu5 attached. Edit - attachment removed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:01:51 am by a-lurker »

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 10:55:56 pm »
@zedrally
Can your PI run from Vera? I do have AltUI on a UI5 machine, but have problems on UI7 with the altUI PI and Appstore (get a failure message) so am unable to try it out.

Whoops - after re reading this I realised that you were talking about the plugin (PI) whereas I thought you were talking about a RasPi  and openLuup :o and had posted your message in the wrong thread. Anyway; answer is yes. You can install it using Vera UI7 to manually install the files and to then create the device.

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 08:33:12 pm »
Ver 0.53 uploaded to GitHub - see first post.

Offline stefanradu5

• Sr. Newbie
  • Vera Plus UI7
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 04:59:44 pm »
Is there a way to correct the temperature sensor for a Broadlink RM Pro?
I bought a second Broadlink RM pro and i find a difference in temperature reading of 0.8 - 1 degrees in Celsius.
If I have no option I will have to return and replace the new unit.
The first one bought from the same company is almost accurate...

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 06:51:12 pm »
I would think that these sort of differences are fairly typical. So for example the commonly used (not sure what BroadLink use) DS18B20 sensor are +/- 0.5 degrees C :   https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Temp/DS18B20.pdf

In addition the temperature inside an electronic case tends to be higher than the ambient temperature depending on the power dissipation of the electronics. Not so bad for say the low power BroadLink  device but for example the temperature sensors in mobile phones nearly always read high.

Plus a slight breeze in one location compared to another will change the readings.

If you are really concerned, there is a maths plugin somewhere that may help.

Have you kept the SC1 or didn't that work out?

Offline stefanradu5

• Sr. Newbie
  • Vera Plus UI7
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:08 pm »
The SC1 is still in my possession and I will keep it. I didn't have time to record the logs that i promised last time, but I will do so in a few days.
I have two identical broadlink devices and I have putted near each other. 
One shows 22.6 and the other one 23.8 - 24.. It is a big difference between them.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 08:38:19 pm »
I believe that there are always differences between devices.
I have 2 Philios mounted approximately 300mm apart at the same height: note the difference.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline conchordian

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 01:24:13 am »
Note that devices can be installed manually by just uploading the files and entering the correct info into the correct boxes.

I created a device with: D_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml and I_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml, and it looks like it was unnecessary to make a separate D_BroadLink_Mk2_IrRf_1 device.

Sending RF seems to work too.

Thanks very much. :)

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 04:27:47 am »
I_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml
Not needed when creating the device but does no harm.

it looks like it was unnecessary to make a separate D_BroadLink_Mk2_IrRf_1
Correct - not required.

Glad that the RF TX works OK. Unfortunately I'm still not happy with the RF learning, although the IR learning works OK (noting that learnt codes can be highly problematic). What are you controlling?

Offline conchordian

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 08:55:00 pm »
Glad that the RF TX works OK. Unfortunately I'm still not happy with the RF learning, although the IR learning works OK (noting that learnt codes can be highly problematic). What are you controlling?

An RF ceiling fan.  I used the RM bridge to learn the code, and your plugin to send it.  Both can run at the same time too.  Yours has the advantage of not dying when the power goes off to my TV running the bridge, as I found out recently, and also the temperature, which I didn't even knew it did until recently.

Oh, I should add that it doesn't like its children being separated into different rooms.  I had crashes when I did that, but it's probably a Vera thing.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:12 pm »
^^^
That's great info, can you share the manufacturer/brand of the fan?
Is it 315 or 433.92?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline stefanradu5

• Sr. Newbie
  • Vera Plus UI7
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 03:58:39 am »
About the temperature difference.
I decided to contact the company that sells these RM PRO in my city for replacing this unit with the big offset in temperature reading and they replaced my unit.
The new one has a positive 2*C+ offset .....  >:( instead of 23.5 .. i got 26*c
So the only solution is to ... correct it in vera somehow.... I don't know how can I do this ...

The SC1 is still in my possession and I will keep it. I didn't have time to record the logs that i promised last time, but I will do so in a few days.
I have two identical broadlink devices and I have putted near each other. 
One shows 22.6 and the other one 23.8 - 24.. It is a big difference between them.

Offline conchordian

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 07:28:38 pm »
^^^
That's great info, can you share the manufacturer/brand of the fan?
Is it 315 or 433.92?

http://www.hunterpacific.com.au/accessories-remotes.php is the remote kit for the fan I'm using, but I can't see what frequency it uses.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 07:59:37 pm »
Thanks,
I can see the C Tick, has it a FCC number?

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 08:34:54 pm »
The plugin can also work Aeratron fans. I was looking at making a plugin for the fans but having trouble decoding the fan codes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:37:25 pm by a-lurker »