Author Topic: Occasional motion sensor tripped without movement (Aeon Multisensor 6)  (Read 270 times)

Offline Srki

Hi,
I have set up a scene to to turn on a D-Link siren when my motion sensors (4 x Aeon Multisensor 6) detects motion. Initially, I had a lot of problems with my setup because when somebody is in the house and wants to arm the system with Zipato Alarm keypad, he/she would be detected by one of the motion detectors in disarmed mode. These sensors are factory set to have a parameter 3 that sends the report (detected movement) for 4 minutes. So when we arm the alarm, i.e. change to away mode, these sensors will send the report to the gateway and the siren will turn ON. I changed the parameter 3 to 20 seconds instead of 240, giving us enough time to leave the detection area, arm the system and go out without the siren turning ON. This setup works most of the time, but occasionaly, some Multisensors 6 seems to send "movement detected" to the gateway after 4-5 hours even without any movement in the house. This trigger my scene to turn ON the siren. I cannot find out what is causing this and I cannot trust my setup because it is not reliable. Any idea what can be wrong?
Vera Plus firmware: 1.7.3232
BR

Offline Jamr

Re: Occasional motion sensor tripped without movement (Aeon Multisensor 6)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:55 pm »
It may be a sun light issue. Sometimes the sun can bounce off something and trigger these motions. Or it may be that these kind of sensor are just not reliable.
I looked over the reviews at Amazon and there are other reviews of these sensors doing the same thing to others.
https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-Multisensor-temperature-humidity-vibration/product-reviews/B0151Z8ZQY/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

It may be an environment issue or it just may be that these sensor are just not reliable.
Either way, I would not use these or these types of other wireless sensors for security purposes. I stopped selling them for exactly this reason.
If you want a reliable security system, put a wired system in and forget it. Otherwise you will have problems and your homes security is not something you want to have problems with.
https://www.007systems.com/alarm-systems.html

With Vera's Geofencing feature, you or your family will never have to arm or disarm your system again.
https://www.007systems.com/blog--how-tos/category/geofence

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Occasional motion sensor tripped without movement (Aeon Multisensor 6)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:56:08 pm »
I do not have a siren but if I did, I think it would use PLEG to trigger it after more than 1 motion detector is tripped. If someone is in my house and I want the siren to shoo them away, they will likely set off more than 1 motion, as least how I have my house set up. I would probably also trigger it to a door sensor and a motion sensor. Just some thoughts.

Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa