Author Topic: Woke up to "no service"  (Read 320 times)

Offline oliwa

Woke up to "no service"
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:50 pm »
I woke up today to Alexa not being able to communicate with Vera. This issue persisted for several hours so I looked my Vera controller and the service light is the only light not illuminated. I tried doing a luup restart but that didn't work. I really don't want to power cycle the controller.

Is the no service issue a problem with my controller or Vera's website?

Offline Inzax

Re: Woke up to "no service"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »
Both my units in different parts of the country are showing offline via phone, desktop.  I can log in locally to my vera in my current location.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline docdid

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »
getvera website very slow too, Alexa bust, iOS app unable to log in!
Something up with vera servers?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:03:39 pm »
now I am getting flooded with old alerts/false alerts.  About one every two seconds for the last minute....just stopped now.  Something is odd. The servers were not offline long enough for the messages I got to be part of a back log.  My Vera Secure showed I only had about 10 alerts "waiting to upload."
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline oliwa

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 02:23:08 pm »
Service has been restored for me.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:23 pm »
I was out of town this afternoon and at lunch, mine lost contact with both VeraMate and Vera apps on the iPhone. I used Teamviewer to log into my computer and locally Vera was humming along and working just fine. A few minutes later, VeraMate was able to connect again.   Sounds like an outage on the Vera server side. 
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa