We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE Z-Wave® Dimmer Switch (3-Way Kit)  (Read 113178 times)

Offline S-F

• Clueless N00b
Re: GE Z-Wave® Dimmer Switch (3-Way Kit)
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »
Maybe not all of your 3-way' are set up like that. There are more than one way to do it and of all of them only one, the Connecticut, is incomparable with these switches.
My forum account was apparently hacked by a leprechaun. And he's drunk all of the time. If a post of mine seems a little off kilter, it's probably because he made it.

Offline PepeSilvia

« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2013, 11:34:37 am »
Hi I'm new to Home Automation and have been having issues with my GE 3-Way Kit. For one set, I have a black line and a black load, a neutral and a red wire, which I assume is the traveller. In the other box, I have a black wire, a white wire and a red traveler. If the switch is off, the black wire reads 26V on my multimeter and if the switch is on, it reads 120V. However, in neither case does the light turn on.

One thing I did find is that having the white and the black connected in the aux box allows the switch to close and the light comes on. However, the aux switch doesn't work still.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:54:33 am by PepeSilvia »

Offline imowt

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:29 pm »
 Hi Guys  I have the GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control 3-Way Dimmer Kit
 SKU: 45613 where the auxillary switch just has the red/white and a yellow ( assuming the travelers ) but no neutral (solid white) What do I do with the white in the box? 

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2014, 09:34:50 am »
Proper installation of this switch kit is covered ad nauseam on these forums.

The auxiliary switch needs a traveler wire to the main switch and a neutral. See the attached diagram.

Note that wire color does not guarantee the function of a particular wire. You must determine, with certainty, the function of each wire in your installation. 

Offline imowt

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2014, 06:50:25 am »
Having similar issues with my ge 3 way dimmer kit.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27781.0.html

I think by reading and reading I think I see the light. You're right its NOT wired up as a traditional 3 way. Its the primary thats the brain of the circuit. .. right? So if I can think of it like that maybe I'm one step further
 I hear I have a switch loop type circuit. Anyone familiar with that setup?
- Thanks