Author Topic: VeraEdge very slow  (Read 2235 times)

Offline ccantie

VeraEdge very slow
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:57 am »
Hello,
Since two month my Vera is very slow. For exemple I send on to a switch and the light is on within 10 or more seconds. Sometimes it don't do nothing. It is not for a particular switch, but for all.
When I start a scene many time it fail, even a simple scene like
local tempH = luup.variable_get(SID_VC1,"Variable5",Con_Nui)
Also the led internet on the box flash quickly during long times.
Have you an idea to repair this !!!

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: VeraEdge very slow
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:08:20 am »
Hello, ccantie,

It's very hard for the community to give you some advice on this without an overview of your setup.

However, your Customer Care team would love to have a look at this if you log a ticket with them. See my signature for details.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline markcm

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:47:03 pm »
Hello,
Since two month my Vera is very slow. For exemple I send on to a switch and the light is on within 10 or more seconds. Sometimes it don't do nothing. It is not for a particular switch, but for all.
For the record, my vera edge which worked great for the past year has recently magically become intermittent as well with about 50% of the time being a 10 second delay or no response. I issued a support request from my controller and enabled online support but have not heard anything from Vera.

Super bummer becuase it used to work so well. I tried updating it, I was one version behind, but that made no difference. I'm not sure how to check cpu or ram consumption or logs on the vera, its really just blind to me. It worked well for a long time, now it performs very poorly. I checked all my network cables, bought new cables...

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 05:48:36 am »
Hello Mark,

Someone will get back to you shortly. I will try to prioritize your ticket as much as I can.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline pbenjamin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »
I also have the same issue with my VeraEdge that started in the November/December 2017 time frame. All my on/off Cooper Aspire Wiring Devices rf9501, dimmers rf9540 and Schlage BE469NX were plagued by this issue. I did a complete factory reset and that seemed to corrected the issue but within hours there were issues connecting to all the nodes.

I started researching other Z-Wave platforms to run a PI and Z-Stick, but bought a Versecure and now my home automation runs flawless like it used to with the VeraEdge. Only problem I have with the VeraSecure is the damn Wi-Fi will not shut off via the gui.  :P

Paul
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:15:10 pm by pbenjamin »

Offline ZW-Tom

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:41 pm »
Wow, I was an hour away from ordering a VeraSecure, and now after finding out you can't shut off the WiFi, that's a show stopper for me! I guess it's time to move on to another solution away from Vera.  :-\

Offline pbenjamin

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 02:18:51 pm »
So please allow me to clarify. The GUI has the functionality to turn wifi off but it does not currently work correctly. I'm hoping this issue is fixed in a soon to be released update. I wish someone could tell me when this is going to be fixed.

For now placing the following code in the Lua Startup disables the WiFi.

os.execute("wifi down")

Paul
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:56:25 pm by pbenjamin »

Offline ZW-Tom

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:08 pm »
THANKS PAUL ...
That's good news that it can be turned off with ** os.execute("wifi down") **

I ordered a VeraSecure today  :)

Tom

Offline jchin

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:53 am »
Was it hard to transition from VeraEdge to VeraSecure?   
Or was it a start from scratch and reprogram everything?

Offline markcm

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 09:20:23 pm »
Hello,
For the record, my vera edge which worked great for the past year has recently magically become intermittent as well with about 50% of the time being a 10 second delay or no response. I issued a support request from my controller and enabled online support but have not heard anything from Vera.

Super bummer becuase it used to work so well. I tried updating it, I was one version behind, but that made no difference. I'm not sure how to check cpu or ram consumption or logs on the vera, its really just blind to me. It worked well for a long time, now it performs very poorly. I checked all my network cables, bought new cables...

Although it was a brutally slow process, after several remote diagnostics resulting in "no issues seen in your log files", I tracked and reported zwave activity and submitted the report to support. Support eventually acknowledged my logs showed issues and determined I was experiencing issues with zwave functionality. They updated my firmware with beta software which has new zwave code. After months off terrible performance, my vera edge seems to be working well again.

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 11:35:31 pm »
Will the rest of us benefit from that updated Z-Wave code?  Did they say when it would be in the official firmware?

Offline markcm

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 01:16:58 am »
Will the rest of us benefit from that updated Z-Wave code?  Did they say when it would be in the official firmware?

I don't understand why my vera edge started having issues, it worked great for a long time. It does seem this beta firmware resolved the delays I was having.

I believe anyone can get this beta firmware, you just have to request it and apparently you cannot restore a backup if there's an issue.

I also noticed an email the other day about vera server downtime in preparation for an upgrade, maybe this beta is getting close to release.

Offline gsads

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 04:37:56 pm »
I'm trying to disable WiFi through the GUI on an Edge with 1.7.3500 but it keeps turning back on. I can't even seem to change the channel... it always goes back to 11. It's Spinal Tap'd :P
Thanks to Paul for letting us know that it can be disabled.
One thing to note... the GUI will still show that it is on even though it isn't broadcasting (did a scan). If any changes are made, it will turn back on until a reboot is done with the os.execute("wifi down") in the Lua Startup.

Grant
smartifiedhome.com