We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Battery Monitor Plugin  (Read 38779 times)

Offline additude

Re: Battery Monitor Plugin
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:48 am »
Just for anyone interested, I made a few updates to Battery Monitor and they are in this attached zip file.

I can only test it in UI7 Vera Plus.

Worked like a charm!  thank you!

Sure.

Are you on UI5?  or UI7?
If you want something that you have never had before, then you are going to have to do something that you have never done before.

Offline otolosa

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2017, 02:46:14 pm »
Keep refreshing your browser pages and make sure you run the LUUP code that forces check for batteries. Be sure you change the device number at the end of that LUUP code.

I don't see any device number at the end of code....can you be more specific.

Tks

Offline additude

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2017, 06:06:30 am »
Go to the Battery Monitor Device Advanced tab and in the upper left you'll see the device number.

Take that value and use it to replace the last numbers in the LUUP code.

Then save the scene.

I updated the readme file in the zip to be more descriptive.
If you want something that you have never had before, then you are going to have to do something that you have never done before.

Offline otolosa

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2017, 09:59:21 am »
Ok...finally made it work

This is my contrbution for non experts ....please correct me if im wrong.

1. Remember to add -- to comment the following lines (this is how they should look in your code)
--Check Battery Level for 816b
--Clear Can't Detect Errors
--Cant Detect Devices Reboot

2. "Use this Battery Monitor device number to replace the number at the end of the Check Battery Code"
Use ur batterymonitor id in the following lines:
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:BatteryMonitor1", "Check",{}, <Battery Monitor ID> )
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:BatteryMonitor1", "Check",{}, <Battery Monitor ID> )

3. In step 12....
Go to Battery Monitor->Advanced->Variables.... set variable UnMonitoredDeviceList to 0

That made my monitor work...after many tries.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:45:31 am by otolosa »

Offline additude

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2017, 12:30:33 pm »
Hi,

Sorry, my fault.

I put the wrong LUUP Code file in my zip. I've replaced the "Scene LUUP Code.txt" file, which I was using for testing with the correct file, "Check Battery LUUP Code".txt

I've updated the zip and here is what that file should have in it.

Change the XX to the device number of your Battery Monitor then and create a scene and then add this code
as a luup code to run when the scene runs.

Setup the scene to run on a schedule to run this code which does a battery check, according to your schedule.

Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:BatteryMonitor1", "Check",{}, XX )
The above is all you need in your Battery Check Scene. Change the XX to your device number.

Sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:53:27 am by additude »

Offline Eco

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:41 am »
Forgive translation, English is not my mother tongue.
I did as you suggest and it works all on my Vera Plus, activating the "Check" in the Advance Editor of the Scene  :D, but I do not understand why I have to put the Luup code with the Device ID if it already works all ... what does this action ?  Maybe I miss a pass?  ::)
Thanks for explanation

Offline additude

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2017, 04:46:19 am »
The LUUP code is the trigger to tell the app to check the battery status of the devices that you are monitoring.

I set my scene to run every hour to poll and check the battery status however, that is more than what is actually needed.

Once a day or couple of days is sufficient.

Without triggering the LUUP code your battery status will not update.

Offline sebby

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »
Just for anyone interested, I made a few updates to Battery Monitor and they are in this attached zip file.

I can only test it in UI7 Vera Plus.

Worked like a charm!  thank you!

sorry,have been traveling.  i am on a vera plus on the latest UI7

Sure.

Are you on UI5?  or UI7?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2018, 09:07:02 pm »
I updated/rewrote a portion of this plugin so I though to share it here. You no longer need to setup a scene for it to update. You can still update it through a scene if you want to but you no longer need lua code even as I added the action in the scene menu.
Instead of using a scene you can set the update interval right from the plugin. You can also manually run a check right from the UI as well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:43:53 am by rafale77 »
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline P-a

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2018, 05:53:49 am »
Hi,

How do I install this update?

Best regards,
P-a

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2018, 10:40:46 am »
Install the original from the appstore and then upload the files I posted after unzipping them on the vera.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline P-a

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »
Hi,

Additional question: does this plug-in show the actual battery status of a device? I am looking for a solution to get correct values for battery powered devices.

BR

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2018, 09:53:32 pm »
This plugin is only designed to collect all the battery levels of your installation and put it one one screen. It does not improve accuracy or polling frequency. All it does is summarize and enables you to track them as opposed to scrolling all over the UI page. If you device is not reporting battery level to the vera, this plugin is not going to add it.

Offline P-a

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2018, 02:18:14 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your response, greatfully appreciated. ;D

Is there any solution to get correct reporting? Have Fibaro Door Window Sensors 2 and Hank Single button and a couple of Fibaro Motion sensors.

They all show 100%.....