Author Topic: Casting IP based camera to Chromecast TV  (Read 698 times)

Offline Inzax

Casting IP based camera to Chromecast TV
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »
RTS.  Congrats on the integration of Vera Concierge with Google Home.  I have been tinkering with it all day. 

I have been playing with running various scenes with voice commands.  In particular, I have a couple of scenes in Imperihome that bring up camera's on touchpads when motion is detected. 

IF Vera Concierge would detect an IP camera would it not be possible to have VC broadcast that IP camera to a chromecast TV via a voice request?   I can bring up the camera in chrome and select the option to "cast" to my chromecast tv with minimal effort (type in ip of camera, select cast in chrome, select TV)  Getting this to be triggered by voice, without bringing in a 4th party app would be ideal.  (by 4th party I am referring to having Vera, VC and Google home ONLY.  Leaving something like blue iris out of the mix). 

I have gone through the online stuff.  I believe this is very possible if I bring in another software solution.  Which I don't want to do.  (minimalist tendencies)

I am missing a piece and thought if VC recognized Cameras that might be a solution.

Given my limited technical ability I have no doubt this is way more difficult then I imagine. 
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Casting IP based camera to Chromecast TV
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 09:19:47 pm »
I already have plans to upgrade Vera Alerts and Vera Concierge for better video announcements.
Coming soon.