Author Topic: 7.25 Woes (missing file) -- Ended up Downgrading  (Read 402 times)

Offline tedp

7.25 Woes (missing file) -- Ended up Downgrading
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:52:47 am »
    Although the response in the 7.25 thread has been pretty good, I had problems -- I'm not sure if anyone else has seen something similar:
    • Upgraded from the GUI by deleting everything in /etc/cmh-ludl
    • Restored the /etc/cmh-ludl directory by doing a backup recovery after the upgrade
    • Saw messages in the logfile "System error : Device: 127. Fail to load implementation file D_DoorSensor1.xml" (there were similar messages for all of my "door sensor" devices
    • Noticed that none of my door sensors were showing up in UI7 (via DSC alarm plugin (however they did show up in AltUI, but with degraded operation -- they couldn't be armed or disarmed, and had no "notification" tab)
    • Confirmed that D_DoorSensor1.xml was missing from /etc/cmh-lu
    • Confirmed that D_DoorSensor1.xml was in /etc/cmh-lu on a previous version of the firmware (I have another controller which I did not upgrade)
    • Tried to manually place the file into the upgraded firmware filesystem via web-gui (into /etc/cmh-ludl) and via SCP (into /etc/cmh-lu). That caused the "D_DoorSensor1.xml" errors to disappear on startup, but crashed the lua engine.
    • Removed the file I added, and confirmed the lua engine starts up, but the missing D_DoorSensor1.xml error re-appears
    • Downgraded to the old firmware, and all is well again

I'll forward this to support in case it's a bug -- the alternative for me would be to try again with a "reset and upgrade" method to see if that makes a difference, but I'll wait a while.

Anyone else (especially those using door sensors) see this?

Offline Sammy2

Re: 7.25 Woes (missing file) -- Ended up Downgrading
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 12:16:56 pm »
Are you using PUTTY to get into your Vera to look at these things?

I'm wondering if this is why one of my door sensors is now showing open when the door is closed but all other sensors are reporting correctly but I've been rolled back to 7.3015 by Customer Support as I had quite a few issues yesterday. I may roll forward but only if CS recommends and will be available to fix issues right away.

Offline tedp

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 12:45:19 pm »
Yes.. putty to get a shell, and winScp to move files.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline kartcon

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:13:36 pm »
TedP,

Take a look at this post. Similar problems with Door Sensors after 1.7.3502

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=54290.msg340901#msg340901

Are there specific instruction on how to downgrade to a prior firmware version? In my case 1.7.3233.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:16:12 pm by kartcon »

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 04:29:18 pm »
TedP,

Take a look at this post. Similar problems with Door Sensors after 1.7.3502

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=54290.msg340901#msg340901

Are there specific instruction on how to downgrade to a prior firmware version? In my case 1.7.3233.

Support can send you a link via email or do it for you.

Offline xeinth

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:02 pm »
I ran into this before I realized it was because I was running out of space during the upgrade.  Do you know how much space you have left?

If you are running ALTUI take a look at the df -h command or ssh in and take a look to see how the overlay looks.

bk

Offline tedp

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 11:11:26 pm »
I ran into this before I realized it was because I was running out of space during the upgrade.  Do you know how much space you have left?

If you are running ALTUI take a look at the df -h command or ssh in and take a look to see how the overlay looks.

bk

See my previous post http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52304

I was definitely short on space. Per the linked thread, there was talk that the plugins might automatically download themselves if I erased them (to free up space). They did not -- so I restored them by recovering a backup.

Of note is that vera uses the "df" command to establish how much free space there is. "df" will not necessarily show the free space as you delete files since some file handles might still be open. I found it out the hard way, as I was slowly deleting files in the /etc/cmh-ludl directory, and not seeing changes in "df" output! However, once I rebooted, the changes came up.