We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch, Module & Micro Dimmer and Switch modules  (Read 92163 times)

Offline wada

Re: Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch, Module & Micro Dimmer and Switch modules
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 05:55:19 pm »
Well, I have history now but when I use the smartswitch feature I receive this

Database request failed:
Error no: 0
Error:
SQL query: INSERT INTO EnergyMeasure (FK_AccessPoint,FK_Device,StartDate,Description) VALUES (16899,5,NOW(),'monitor')

I  was looking for  some beta firmware and it didn't seem to ask me like the beta post said for an option to install the beta, it ran the firmware upgrade again even though the advanced tab said I had the latest firmware, After it was done I was update to 1.1.1227, higher than the beta, the appliance was changed to Smartswitch energy meter, I will update if the energy function doesn't seem to  work.

I have been using some z-wave devices with good luck, I purchased a Vera 2, updated firmware etc, The main reason I purchased the Vera 2  was because of the Vera Smart Switch, I  synced the Vera 2 and Smart-switch, It  is recognized as an appliance and not like the photos supplied here, When I go into energy usage it only shows the device wattage and i cant receive any reports on history , it only seems to show current usage

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Offline Filch

Hi all,

Just a query regarding the micro dimmer modules, I had my first dimmer installed yesterday, works like a charm and linked with my vera unit no problems.

I did notice however, that when "ON" (not dimmed at all) the brightness of the lights in comparison to the other down lights in the house is noticeably less... Is this normal? There are six low voltage downlights connected to the one module. The dim function works fine, I can set them to 50% dim etc and It works as it should, but at 100% it isn’t as bright as those lights without the module fitted.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Offline mcardenas

Hi all,

Just a query regarding the micro dimmer modules, I had my first dimmer installed yesterday, works like a charm and linked with my vera unit no problems.

I did notice however, that when "ON" (not dimmed at all) the brightness of the lights in comparison to the other down lights in the house is noticeably less... Is this normal? There are six low voltage downlights connected to the one module. The dim function works fine, I can set them to 50% dim etc and It works as it should, but at 100% it isn’t as bright as those lights without the module fitted.

Hey Filch, where do you get the Micro Dimmer? Are there available to the public?

Offline Filch

Hi all,

Hey Filch, where do you get the Micro Dimmer? Are there available to the public?

Hey mate, bought them from smarthome australia http://www.smarthome.com.au/zseries/

Offline grybrd

Checked with Aeon on Friday and they are still awaiting UL apporval.

Offline FrontLineFodder

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 05:19:25 am »
Filch,

i just got my first bit of kit last night, however i noticed the same issue with the Plugin Lighting module, at 100% it is not bright & only consuming 25 watts, using the regular power module, it uses 42 watts.

did you ever get the reason for your dimmer to be "not bright" ?

frontlinefodder

ps, Whoo first post :-)

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 04:29:23 pm »

Hey mate, bought them from smarthome australia http://www.smarthome.com.au/zseries/

Wonder why they offer their Vera WITH and WITHOUT a z-wave dongle?  Is it an old Vera 1? 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »
Wonder why they offer their Vera WITH and WITHOUT a z-wave dongle?  Is it an old Vera 1? 
AFAIK, you always need a dongle for the Australian Z-Wave frequency.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 06:55:38 am »
AFAIK, you always need a dongle for the Australian Z-Wave frequency.

Correct.  The Sercomm hardware that is the Vera2 appears to know only the US and EU Z-Wave frequencies.

Offline ideschamps

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 05:20:38 am »
Hi guys.

I also received some of the new Micro SES dimmers and need some help, and to help my electrician.

According to Aeon-Labs instruction manuals and on http://service.smarthome.com.au/entries/262318-in-wall-lighting-controller-manual there is 7 connectors. What is confusing me is the External Switch/Button control connectors.

If you look at the http://www.smarthome.com.au/zseries/z-waveinwallsetup.php there they only connect the first 4 wires up.

I want to set it up as in the last link, but what are External/Switch button control used for, or do I actually need to connect it to my light switch???

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 05:46:36 am »
If you look at the http://www.smarthome.com.au/zseries/z-waveinwallsetup.php there they only connect the first 4 wires up.

Those pictures are Not Even Wrong.

The other link is more accurate. In short: two connectors go to your power supply (active/neutral), two go to your switch, and two go to the load (the appliance or light). The seventh connector is 3.3VDC for future expansion.

Offline ASIHome

Aeon Labs Micro Switches/Illuminators now available for order!
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 03:26:38 pm »
Aeon Labs has finally made the US versions (UL listed) of their Micro Switches available. These units fit into the gang box behind a standard switch to Z-Wave enable them. A neutral wire is required. They are available in Energy Reporting and Non-Energy Reporting models.

Dimmers: http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?cPath=564_573&sort=4a&filter_id=285
Switches: http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?cPath=564_574&sort=4a&filter_id=285

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Aeon Labs Micro Switches/Illuminators now available for order!
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:41 pm »
Nice! Any word on the 4-in-1's by any chance? :o
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline grybrd

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »
Wow!!!!  Thanks for letting us know

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »
It's about time!

- Garrett