We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Where/What is the Activation Code to register on MyMios?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline 3125brushridge

Where/What is the Activation Code to register on MyMios?
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:32:19 pm »
I just got my Vera 2 and am trying to get started...I was able to fire it up and find it on my network but the mymios site is asking me for an activation code to register my unit...Does anyone know where/what the Activation Code is...Thanks...GK

Offline tosvus

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Where/What is the Activation Code to register on MyMios?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:31:11 pm »
sorry, haven't bought the vera myself yet, so I can only offer some ideas of places to look...quite often, if there is an install disk, check the cover for it. It could also possibly be on the retail packaging, or underneath the unit itself.

Offline jaccord

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:04 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's the five digit number of your unit.  It was confusing for me too since I hadn't thought of that as an activation code, but I'm pretty sure I input the five digit number and all was well.

Now, I forget how I originally came upon the five digit number, but I think somewhere during the initial setup and config wizard it told me what the number was.

Hope this helps.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:10:23 am »
When you create an account at cp.mios.com, it will try and find the vera on your network. Most of the time it will show up. However if this is being done remotely, then this is a different case.

- Garrett

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
BTW, the serial number of the unit is not necessary 5-digit long - early Vera1 units had 4-digit numbers. I believe they are sequential anyway...
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.