Author Topic: new to the PLEG but not to Vera  (Read 288 times)

Offline s4nup

• Sr. Newbie
new to the PLEG but not to Vera
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:03:32 am »
Hi

Had my Vera for a few years and have 30+ devices working well.

I've never really needed any complex scenes, but i'm having trouble in working out some conditions

Devices:
Kitchen Movement Sensor #46
Kitchen Accent Lighting #308
Day or Night #38
Kitchen Light Switch #282

Requirement:
I need the Kitchen Accent Lighting to turn on automatically for 2 mins only when it is night and movement is detected. if continued movement is detected then the scene resets the 2 min timer (ie if there is movement in the kitchen for longer than 2 mins then it stays on until no movement is detected.) I want this behaviour to be disabled only if it is DayTime (no need for lights in day) or if the Kitchen Light is switched on (there is already a scene created to turn off accent lights when the main lights are turned on.) Once the kitchen light is turned off, i want the orginal scene to work correctly.

Any ideas how i would script something like this? i just can't cant get my head around PLEG at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Don Phillips

Re: new to the PLEG but not to Vera
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:35:34 pm »
PLEG is very powerful and once you figure out how it works, you will come up with lots of different ways to use your Vera.  Here is the manual I used to get started.  Trial and error and about 3 months I had a light bulb moment.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,21603.0.html
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa