Author Topic: Vera Concierge Smart Home  (Read 2774 times)

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Vera Concierge Smart Home
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 08:18:25 am »
Which google App update ?
It's working for me ... and I am using the commercial version.

When I used the home control app listed under Home control (the new one google approved) versus using explore to use Vera... all things stopped working.
Now I did do a firmware update to my Vera Lite, so I'm not sure what happened but now nothing works.

When I unlinked and tried to link back up, only the google released VC app is listed under Home Control., but I thought that doesn't work or should not be even listed.
I'm a little confused as to what should be going on.

My Concierge server all works and sees my google home,mini and chrome cast. It seems I can not link VERA under the app as it uses only the home control app 3.0

Offline francoislegrange

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 07:40:51 pm »
Tested mine just now and still 100% working

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »
Without using aliases !!!!
There are two Voice Interfaces:
      1) Google Home -> Home Control
          Where devices are added using Vera Concierge Smart Home
         OK Google Turn on the Office Light

2) Google Home  ->  Vera Concierge Assistant
          OK Google Ask Vera Concierge to turn on the Office Light

The (2) one is down right now (all because they did not like an Icon I used) and  I am in the process of getting it re-instated.

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 06:54:33 pm »
Without using aliases !!!!
There are two Voice Interfaces:
      1) Google Home -> Home Control
          Where devices are added using Vera Concierge Smart Home
         OK Google Turn on the Office Light

2) Google Home  ->  Vera Concierge Assistant
          OK Google Ask Vera Concierge to turn on the Office Light

The (2) one is down right now (all because they did not like an Icon I used) and  I am in the process of getting it reinstated.

Hmmm, I have linked and unlinked option one and still doesn't work.  I did a firmware upgrade to the latest on my Vera Lite. I had to factory reset and restore from backup since there was a limitation on storage. I must have done something. My start LUA shows correctly as require Vera Concierge and Concierge Server lua file is there as well.

Another thing I noticed.. the Concierge server web page under software does not list any software any longer. Is this supposed to be this way now?

Any hint as to what I'm missing here?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 06:59:35 pm by freebs »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 06:59:07 am »
Did you go through:
  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48913.0.html

The software list is fetched periodically in the background ... if you restarted the Concierge Server it will take a while before it sees it.

Offline jepjr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 10:29:31 am »
I believe this is a Google Home issue.  I unlinked "Vera Concierge Smart Home" from "Google Home", uninstalled "Google Home", installed "Google Home", linked "Vera Concierge Smart Home", now I see all my devices under "Home Control" ready to be added to rooms.

All good now.

Offline RichieB

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:55:40 pm »
great when in doubt start from step 0

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2018, 05:55:14 pm »
Did you go through:
  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48913.0.html

The software list is fetched periodically in the background ... if you restarted the Concierge Server it will take a while before it sees it.

Ok.. I've tried everything ... I removed Concierge server from my nix box... redid it again. unliked everything .. linked it back up.. all tests say connectivity.
linked and unlinked from google app and from your portal. Always says sorry I can't help with that.. I'm lost as to what to do next...besides drive over the thing with my car!

This was all working before I updated to latest firmware and that newer app came out. I know others are working fine... just not here. your little app works on my phone I can talk to it fine.

VeraConcierge app working:

Feb 17, 2018 5:52:03 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:08 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM I:CSWebContainer:Action:SwitchAction Request:{"MyRoom":[],"MySwitch":["Dimmer:Living Room Bulb"],"CmdSwitch":"On"}
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM V:VeraService:Cmds:lu_action&DeviceNum=48&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_action&DeviceNum=48&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=1
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:11 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Request?Action=SwitchAction&User=104723173129739562517&Parameters=%7B%22MyRoom%22%3A%5B%5D%2C%22MySwitch%22%3A%5B%22Dimmer%3ALiving+Room+Bulb%22%5D%2C%22CmdSwitch%22%3A%22On%22%7D&SerialNumber=350XXXX
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156256&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:3
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:13 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:15 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156276&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:15 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:0
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:18 PM V:CSWebContainer:Cmd:/Log?
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:19 PM I:VeraConnect.VeraGateway:URLConnection:http://192.168.1.11/port_3480/data_request?output_format=json&id=lu_status2&DataVersion=907156276&LoadTime=1518907156
Feb 17, 2018 5:52:19 PM V:VeraService:ParseLuStatus:0

Commad is successful and light comes on.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:12:25 pm by freebs »

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 11:11:57 am »
I noticed this in the log.. I'm not sure of the meaning.

50   02/23/18 10:42:15.614   luup_log:0: VCS:URL:https://192.168.1.67:8989/SHSync?Serial=35XXXXX&User=104723173XXXXXXXXXX17 <0x2fecc680>
50   02/23/18 10:42:15.986   luup_log:0: VCS:B:Error:null <0x2fecc680>

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 02:09:54 am »
I believe this is a Google Home issue.  I unlinked "Vera Concierge Smart Home" from "Google Home", uninstalled "Google Home", installed "Google Home", linked "Vera Concierge Smart Home", now I see all my devices under "Home Control" ready to be added to rooms.

All good now.

When you say you see "All my devices under "Home Control" ready to be added to rooms", what devices are we talking about?  All I see is my Google Home unit, my 4 Google Home Minis and my Google Chromecast.  It doesn't show my Smart Switch which I can control using the Vera app.

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 02:11:04 am »
Hi,

Back in early November 2017, I was finally able to get Google Home to turn on my Smart Switch using voice commands.  I had called my smart switch "Popcorn" and had a lamp plugged into it, so in the Google Home app, I created shortcuts as follows:

"Lights Off"  -->>  "Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn off"
"Lights On"  -->>  "Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn on"

This allowed me to say "Hey Google, Lights on" and the lamp would turn on.  The issue was that it would take over 15 seconds for this to happen.

If I used the Vera App, pressing the "On" or "Off" button would work instantaneously.  Therefore I just used the built in scheduling feature and forgot about using Google Home for voice control until Vera was natively supported (still waiting for that and they - Vera - said by end of Q1 2018).

Anyway, last night I was scrolling through the Google Home App (Menu hamburger --> Home Control --> Plus icon in circle at bottom of screen to get to "Add Devices") and I noticed Vera Concierge Smart Home was listed so I thought perhaps my 15+ second delay might be gone.

I said "Hey Google, Lights on" and I get "Sorry I don't understand".

So I open the Vera Concierge App, sign in using my Google account, click "Start Listening" and say "Turn Popcorn On".  The light comes on and it asks "What Else?", so I say "Turn Popcorn Off" and it turns the light off.

So I go back to the Google Home App and the Vera concierge Smart Home option in Home Control which takes me to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com which shows "Select the Vera Concierge Account to be used by Google to control your Vera Connected Devices.  I click on "Select Account" which then asks me to choose an account and I choose my Google Gmail account.

It goes back to the Google Home app and shows a dialogue box saying "Linking your Vera Concierge Smart Home account" and the spinning circle.  Shortly after that, a message comes up at the bottom of the screen saying "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection."

Troubleshooting:

On my mobile:
If I go to Google Home --> Explore --> Search for "Vera", it brings up "Vera Concierge Smart Home" with the icon being a tall green man next to a house.

If I scroll down, the Account Status shows Account Linked with an "Unlink" in bold next to it.

I have tried unlinking and relinking and it appears to have done so, yet it still doesn't work.

Does the wording in my shortcuts which did once work (eg "Ask Vera Concierge to turn Popcorn on") need to be re-worded, or is there some other issue that's out of my control?

From what I can understand from this thread, is that back in November 2017 when I had it working, the app under "Home Control" in the Google Home App was called "Vera Concierge", and that this has been removed and replaced with "Vera Concierge Smart Home".  Is this the reason it's not working?

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 08:08:34 am »
I have the exact scenario, it was all working until that app Vera Concierge Smart Home was introduced and I installed it. I have been a month trying to figure out why.

Deleted my ConciergeServer and set it back up again..  reset Google Home.. linked and unlinked several times in the app on my phone and on the webpage veraconciege.appspot.com without success. The only thing I did that perhaps you may not have was to update the firmware on my Veralite to the latest.

All connectivity shows as working on the Concierge Server.. google devices are all listed as you can see in my screenshot. I guess I just have to wait for Vera people to get it integrated into google home.
I have no option to restore the original Vera Concierge app as it was, all I am able to see is the newer app Vera Concierge Smart Home.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:39:27 am by freebs »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 01:10:06 pm »
Scenes, dimmers, switches, and thermostats are available via the the "HOME CONTROL" part of Goggles Home.

Just go to "Home Control"

Then ADD (+)   
THen select Vera Control Smart Home.
All of the above devices should be ready.

The
OK GOOGLE TALK TO VERA CONCIERGE 
has been pulled by Google and I have been fighting with them to get through their testing ... there testers do not have a clue!

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 06:20:24 pm »
Just go to "Home Control"

Then ADD (+)   
THen select Vera Control Smart Home.
All of the above devices should be ready.

Firstly, just to confirm we are talking about exactly the same thing (you may have different things since you are a developer/tester), on my Google Home app, it's called Vera Concierge Smart Home, not Vera Control Smart Home

Secondly, this is where we then have an issue. You seem to imply we can see devices eg dimmers, but at this point when I select Vera Concierge Smart Home, it takes me to a page asking me to select an account to link. I select my GMail account and it tries to link but fails. See error message wording in my previous post.

I gather that seeing our devices such as switches etc would only occur if that connection part completed successfully but it's not getting past that point.

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 09:21:16 pm »
Unfortunately, nothing works for me... I see no dimmers, switches.. scenes.. nothing. all the tests say "Connectivity"
Guess I'll just wait.