Author Topic: Vera Concierge Smart Home  (Read 3640 times)

Offline ninkasi

Re: Vera Concierge Smart Home
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2018, 09:20:07 pm »
...and noticed that the file "BroadlinkDevices.json" had "SupportsRF": false -> changed that to true and could then see the "record RF" button. Tried it, but wasn't able to save RF commands. I might stop mucking around now until I get that new RM Pro. ;-)
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 07:11:29 am »
In Google Home app
1)   Go to "Home Control" menu
2)   Click the "+" at the bottom of the page
3)   Select Vera Concierge Smart Home
4)   Link using the Google account you used with the Vera Concierge Cloud server.

Hi Richard,

First of all thank you for the app, I am trying to get it to work and have the vera concierge working on a computer 24/7 and I have my account linked to my google home account. 
1) Downloaded and installed Java and Vera Concierge, they appear to be working as I can go directly yo the vera concierge web page. 
2) Went into the Google home app and added Vera Concierge as above and it tells me the account is linked. 
I however don't see anything other than the Vera Concierge webpage on my computer (can't see the veras), how do I link the vera to that account or is this automatic?  I do not have a button that tells me to test conductivity. I figure I have missed a setup along the way, can you help?
Thanks

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2018, 04:18:12 pm »
What browser are you using ? Try using Chrome.

At the top of the page:
    https://localhost:8989

You need to enter the Remote Access credentials in order to find your Veras.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2018, 06:37:03 am »
Hi Richard,

The issue was with Java, everything the computer restarted I need to restart Java.  I have also purchased a license, how will I receive the code?  I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2018, 10:01:22 am »
Hi Richard,

i am currently getting this message.
There was a problem.
Connected to Vera, but secure connection required.

No handler

You probably have a firewall.......

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2018, 10:43:52 am »
What platform are you running ConciergeServer on ?
On windows it uses nsm (it embeded in the jar file) to restart the Concierge server when the computer restarts.
On OSX, Linux Variants, it uses there native capabilities to restart the Concierge server when the computer restarts.

You need to look at the Debugging thread ... and go through the installation/debugging steps.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:29 pm »
Hi Richard,

I am running Windows 10 and I have restarted the computer and concierge.  I have connection with the Google Home however no connection with the Vera.  Confirmed the Google Home by having the text to speech tab, it worked..  The Vera Home Automation Hub is listed but no devices showed up.

Thanks

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 08:49:58 pm »
Hi Richard,

When I check the connectivity on my Vera Plus it doesn't work, I get the message
Can't talk to Local Vera Concierge Server
Check the Connectivity on the Local Concierge Server.

When I check the connectivity on the Vera 3, not the default Vera only my test vera. 

I get the following message
Successful connectivity to your Vera and the local concierge.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Richo

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:32 am »
I have just done two setups, one with a raspberry pi and one with windows 10 and both are now working perfectly after setup issues.

Ensure that whatever your PC name is on the network that you add it and its ip address in the hosts file. (must be on the same network as vera)
eg.  192.168.0.1     newzwaver-pc
This goes for both raspberry and windows.
Ensure that you are using Google Chrome!! this also goes for raspberry and windows (no other browsers work as some of the buttons required to save cloud data don't appear).

I added the ports used by concierge server in windows firewall just incase.

Hope this helps.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:52 am »
[quote[
I get the following message
Successful connectivity to your Vera and the local concierge
This means that the Vera Concierge can initiate a conversation with your vera. This means it has the correct account login credentials.
Next the Vera try's to initiate a conversation back to the Vera. NOTE it is NOT replying to the previous request ... it is starting a NEW conversation.
It is failing because your the PC that Vera Concierge is running has a FIREWALL that is blocking the new connection from your Vera.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 07:47:19 pm »
I have two veras the one I don't have setup with Concierge that is the one I can get connectivity on the one I have set up will not.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2018, 08:32:04 pm »
Have you gone through the DEBUG checklist .... step for step ...
You can also look at the Log file on the Local Concierge Server while you are experiencing problems.

Offline freebs

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 11:20:11 am »
I'm sorry to say that I've given up on Vera. I switched over to Homeseer, it's a bit more to setup, but well worth it. It works better than Vera and seems more stable. It worked with Google home out of the box.
I gave the Vera a few years and it worked ok, but time to move on.

Thanks for the support here!