Author Topic: Vera Concierge Smart Home  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Nettuno

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Vera Concierge Smart Home
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 06:26:47 am »
Hi Richard,
I have configured my VeraEdge and registered on Vera Concierge to use with Google Home Mini ... everything works, but I would like to remove the annoying sound when it starts talking with Google Home, is it possible?

Offline RichieB

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2018, 08:42:33 am »
what annoying noise??

Offline bobies

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2018, 07:42:49 am »
Hi Richard,

Thank you for the app, I am trying to get it to work and have a question.
I have installed the local vera Concierge Server on a computer 24/7.
This is working good, it sees my vera devices, also the test button Connectivity gives bi-directional connectivity oke.
When I now push the "Update Vera Concierge Server Cloud Info" it goes to the "http://veraconcierge.com/" page where I signed in with my google account.
Then I push "Update vera information " and "Force Discovery of new/changed Divices and Scenes" but nothing happens.
The tab Associated Vera Controllers stays empty. Any idea?
Thanks for your help in this.

Offline RichieB

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2018, 08:29:16 am »
check your firewall

Offline bobies

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2018, 03:57:44 am »
Thanks for your reply, I have already checked the firewall and even turned it off as a test.
Also in the router I have enabled port forwarding for 8989 and 8998, but without result.

Edit: problem was internet explorer edge, after using Chrome "Update Vera Concierge Server Cloud Info" works.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:42:21 pm by bobies »

Offline RichieB

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 09:45:30 am »
ok nice

Offline Vinx

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2018, 06:48:23 am »
I experienced sort of the same problem and wanted to share what solved it for me after a lot of searching, reading and trying.
My problem was different from that of the OP: I couldn't add the Vera Concierge Smart Home account to Google Home ("Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection" error) and it also didn't add anything. I could do this again and again with the same result.
Then I noticed that after I unlinked my Vera Controller from my Google Account from the Vera Concierge Cloud Account page, I didn't get the error. In fact Google Home said it had succesfully added the account. Only it didn't ... I figured that it didn't because there were no devices. So the problem had to be with the link to the Vera. So I readded the Vera Controller and went on searching.
Another hint was that the Connectivity test button on the Vera Concierge Cloud Account page didn't give a success message. In fact, it just showed an empty popup. I didn't know what to think of that, but now I've learned that it means that the connection failed :) 
Since the connectivity tests the connection via the Vera Cloud server, I went to home.getvera.com and noticed that it said "controller offline". Really weird, because it wasn't. (Once there I removed my old Vera Lite, I don't think this is what resolved it, although it does prevent some error messages in the Concierge log.)
Since the problem was now purely Vera, I decided to do the firmware upgrade it had been asking for. And that solved it! Really weird tbh, because why on earth is this (trivial) upgrade mandatory for remote access.... But the connection from home.getvera.com went green, the Connectivity button now says: succesfull connectivity to your Vera and your Local Concierge Server and the Vera Concierge Smart Home account could succesfully be added.

Hopefully any of this will help someone to spend less time debugging.

Offline RichieB

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2018, 05:14:15 pm »
yeah im having some random Vera connectivity errors