Author Topic: Australian Vera skill  (Read 3236 times)

Offline mios.toddbt

• Connected Objects
  • Master Member
  • NaN
Re: Australian Vera skill
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2018, 02:52:58 am »
I'm just trying to help, i don't mind.

What i'm saying is that Alexa has the list of all the physical devices ( Echo's ), but the Alexa App itself is considered as a separate Alexa Device and has its own settings.

If not, i am mistaken and i will get to fix it ASAP.

Offline dJOS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2018, 03:02:17 am »
I'm just trying to help, i don't mind.

What i'm saying is that Alexa has the list of all the physical devices ( Echo's ), but the Alexa App itself is considered as a separate Alexa Device and has its own settings.

If not, i am mistaken and i will get to fix it ASAP.

All good, I try to be as precise as possible to avoid obvious questions as I'm quite technically competent (ex server admin).

We are behind on the app version etc here in Straya' so the app doesn't have the voice functionality and isn't counted as a "Device" in the physical device list.
HAC: Vera Plus | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2018, 10:08:00 pm »
Why did I change to the Australian skill, knowing that it could all fall over....and it has with devices not responding.
Changing back to US doesn't work either so now I have no VC at all while CS tries to find out why I have no local log in.
In the space of a few clicks I've gone from a system that worked but wasn't accessible, to a system that doesn't respond.
Change with caution is all I can add....
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline dJOS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:02 pm »
Why did I change to the Australian skill, knowing that it could all fall over....and it has with devices not responding.
Changing back to US doesn't work either so now I have no VC at all while CS tries to find out why I have no local log in.
In the space of a few clicks I've gone from a system that worked but wasn't accessible, to a system that doesn't respond.
Change with caution is all I can add....

My Vera Plus system is working perfectly today using the Aussie Vera skill - perhaps something else is causing your issues?
HAC: Vera Plus | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline MrJoshua

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:12 am »
Yay! WooHoo,  Alexa just turned on the kitchen light.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2018, 03:09:22 am »
That prompted me to try my Kitchen Lights.
Image my surprise that it now works.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline dJOS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2018, 03:10:53 am »
That prompted me to try my Kitchen Lights.
Image my surprise that it now works.

Awesome, maybe it just needed time to sync up?

Offline MrJoshua

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2018, 03:55:21 am »
Ive read somewhere lots of people were having issues with scenes not working?

It seems when i add 'Groups' in Alexa, it stops the scenes from working, Alexa always says "Sorry, that command does not work for that device",  I delete everything rediscover the devices, all works again..... Until i re-add a group..

Does anybody know anything about this?

Cheers,
Mr Joshua.

Offline dJOS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:11 pm »
Ive read somewhere lots of people were having issues with scenes not working?

It seems when i add 'Groups' in Alexa, it stops the scenes from working, Alexa always says "Sorry, that command does not work for that device",  I delete everything rediscover the devices, all works again..... Until i re-add a group..

Does anybody know anything about this?

Cheers,
Mr Joshua.

Today the Alexa integration is flaky as hell!

Im getting devices randomly "refusing to respond" according to my echo's but they work perfectly thru both the Alexa and Vera mobile apps.

e.g. last night my nests wouldn't "respond" at all to voice commands and the vera scene I use to set them to overnight temps was failing - but then they were fine after rebooting my Vera Plus.

This morning however I had a couple of Z-wave devices not responding to Alexa voice commands, but once again working perfectly in both the Alexa and Vera mobile apps.  ???

EDIT: but now everything seems fine again after a Vera Plus reboot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:35:37 pm by dJOS »

Offline zedrally

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 07:37:03 pm »
unusually, I don't have a problem, the demon appears to be exorcised?
Not sure if I like the Aussie accent but I had better be careful just in case Alexa gets testy !

Offline dJOS

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2018, 07:42:13 pm »
unusually, I don't have a problem, the demon appears to be exorcised?
Not sure if I like the Aussie accent but I had better be careful just in case Alexa gets testy !

Yeah seems to be fine now ... very odd!

I've gotten used to the "Aussie" accent now and so has the family - maybe they've toned it down since launch as it was pretty rubbish to start with.

Offline zachattac

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2018, 03:16:53 am »
HI Vera , I am trying to enable the Alexa skill but when linking my account  in the app, it says that I don't have an account, I am using my login that I have had for ages.
regards Dene