We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Philips Hue Wireless Dimmer Controller  (Read 1088 times)

Offline HSD99

Re: Philips Hue Wireless Dimmer Controller
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 10:32:13 pm »
Interesting. Although it was some time ago, that method simply didn't work for me (several firmwares and years, and one hardware upgrade ago). I'm rather loathe to try and change things for no good reason, so is there a reason I should be worried about using the ZRC-90s as a separate
controller?
No reason I can think of...if things are working the way you want them to, great!

I found using the ZRC-90 as an auxiliary controller was problematic, and a real pain if I wanted to make changes. Using it as a trigger has proven to be (for me) much simpler and more flexible.

Offline Catman

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 03:39:10 am »
Interesting. Although it was some time ago, that method simply didn't work for me (several firmwares and years, and one hardware upgrade ago). I'm rather loathe to try and change things for no good reason, so is there a reason I should be worried about using the ZRC-90s as a separate
controller?
No reason I can think of...if things are working the way you want them to, great!

I found using the ZRC-90 as an auxiliary controller was problematic, and a real pain if I wanted to make changes. Using it as a trigger has proven to be (for me) much simpler and more flexible.

Ta. I'm curious as to how you know that it's a controller. To me it seems a perfectly logical way of doing things (although as does setting it when creating the scene) but as a controller, shouldn't I be able to do more with it. Like create a scene, or address it directly? Just curious really :)

Cheers

C

Offline HSD99

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 12:40:31 pm »
I did all my ZRC-90 setup a few years (and firmwares) ago, so I don't recall the details myself. Here's a link to the product page, in case you don't have it:

https://www.remotec.com.hk/bw8510-product-page/