Author Topic: New z-wave chip software 4.61 ?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: New z-wave chip software 4.61 ?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 04:55:30 pm »
@Sorin, Can you explain how this will be deployed to other GEN 5 devices other than Vera?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 06:35:29 pm »
I am not sure that question really makes sense, this is a chipset update for the specific chip that Vera uses in their Edge and Plus for Z-wave, not for all z-wave devices in-general.

The way that devices (like your switches, or motions sensors) get updates are through that devices manufacturer.  Vera does have the capacity to ship OTA updates for z-wave+ devices I believe but they will only do it at the request of the device manufacturer (not the customer) and I think they have done almost none of these, likely only for catastrophic issues, or for their own partnerships.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:12 pm »
I am not sure that question really makes sense, this is a chipset update for the specific chip that Vera uses in their Edge and Plus for Z-wave, not for all z-wave devices in-general.

OK that makes sense to me now, I didn't make the connection that is was for Vera only.
Only hope now that it is compatible with all devices out there in the marketplace when officially released.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 05:38:36 am »
Indeed, this is a firmware for the Z-Wave chipset in the Vera units. This is not something cooked in-house like it was back in the UI5 era. This is a firmware made by the manufacturer of the Z-Wave chip(Sigma), specifically tailored for the specific platform. These are regular updates offered to all Z-Wave integrators and offer the latest improvements, security updates and frameworks that will enable more features in the upcoming period of time.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 05:50:33 am »
Indeed, this is a firmware for the Z-Wave chipset in the Vera units. This is not something cooked in-house like it was back in the UI5 era. This is a firmware made by the manufacturer of the Z-Wave chip(Sigma), specifically tailored for the specific platform. These are regular updates offered to all Z-Wave integrators and offer the latest improvements, security updates and frameworks that will enable more features in the upcoming period of time.

Thank you for the info. do you have a plan to integrate it soon in an upcoming UI7 firmware ?

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 08:07:26 am »
We don't particularly love to throw numbers but hopefully, it will have general availability starting with 7.26 (next release).
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Offline resq93

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 08:08:30 am »
We don't particularly love to throw numbers but hopefully, it will have general availability starting with 7.26 (next release).
With this type of update to solve issues with some older devices losing connectivity intermittently?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 08:18:39 am »
two main highlights among a ton of other more non obvious things are:

- ability to migrate from older platforms to newer ones without any issues. see the red disclaimer here : http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2337105-to-veraplus-from-veralite-or-vera-3?b_id=712 . which has caused so many frustrations to our customers.

- important routing and healing improvements

Offline paros

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
Thanks for sharing Sorin.
Looking forward for the coming version.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:46:01 pm by paros »

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 03:18:13 am »
@Sorin,
I am also very much looking to the new firmware version where this new zwave chip software is included. So I can restore backups again. And please also ensure your own Hue 2 plugin works again  (which was broken by the most recent firmware update).
WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THIS??

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 08:19:42 am »
There are still a few tidbits that are in testing phase but it should be public in one of next two releases. Will respond to the HUE topic in it's designated area.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 09:43:00 am »
Hi

Vera support just updated the firmware on my Vera Edge Z-Wave chip to Version: 4.61 L:1.

Because I was having problems and I was unable to control any Z-Wave devices at all.

In fact after the chip update I am still unable to control any Z-Wave devices so this unit is DEAD ??

Vera Support are saying I should simply purchase a new Vera Plus to replace this Vera Edge !

Before they updated the chip their support restored a previous backup but that didn't fix it.

I was going to factory reset the Vera Edge and restore a backup and the Z-Wave network, but I believe I can't even do that now myself, now that the chip has been updated to 4.6.1 ?

The firmware version on the Edge is 1.7.3500.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:47:19 am by cw-kid »

Offline hellovn

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 06:02:10 pm »
Could you control your z-wave devices in the past? I could not control any z-wave devices (through the portal or ios app) at one point. The problem was my PI 3 (openhab2, homekit bridge, and alexa bridge) was causing the problem. After restarting my PI 3, I could control the devices ok.

Hi

Vera support just updated the firmware on my Vera Edge Z-Wave chip to Version: 4.61 L:1.

Because I was having problems and I was unable to control any Z-Wave devices at all.

In fact after the chip update I am still unable to control any Z-Wave devices so this unit is DEAD ??

Vera Support are saying I should simply purchase a new Vera Plus to replace this Vera Edge !

Before they updated the chip their support restored a previous backup but that didn't fix it.

I was going to factory reset the Vera Edge and restore a backup and the Z-Wave network, but I believe I can't even do that now myself, now that the chip has been updated to 4.6.1 ?

The firmware version on the Edge is 1.7.3500.

Thanks.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 09:12:49 pm »
Could you control your z-wave devices in the past? I could not control any z-wave devices (through the portal or ios app) at one point. The problem was my PI 3 (openhab2, homekit bridge, and alexa bridge) was causing the problem. After restarting my PI 3, I could control the devices ok.

Are you running OpenHab2, Homekit, and Alexa bridges on the same PI3?
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa