We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Confirmation of scene execution  (Read 7415 times)

Offline pkitch

Confirmation of scene execution
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »
I would like to know if anyone has a way to receive confirmation through SQ Remote that a scene has executed.

The scene is arming an alarm scenario comprising of;

-3 way Homeseer motion sensor.
-Aeon labs door sensor.
-Fortrezz SSA1 siren.

I can only get an update through the status labels on the motion sensor, but the only 'status' I cn see to recieve is 'tripped' or 'OK' rather than 'armed' or 'disarmed' which is the status I am changing.

Any suggestions?

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Confirmation of scene execution
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:49 am »
Hi pkitch

At the moment there is not this capability in SQ Remote. For us to implement this we need to have the confirmation of scene execution made available in "user_data" or "lu_status2" - as this is the way we observe and check status on Vera.  If someone can point us to this information (with examples) then there is a good chance that we can do this.

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline pkitch

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:51:50 am »
Hi pkitch

At the moment there is not this capability in SQ Remote. For us to implement this we need to have the confirmation of scene execution made available in "user_data" or "lu_status2" - as this is the way we observe and check status on Vera.  If someone can point us to this information (with examples) then there is a good chance that we can do this.

John

OK thanks, here's hoping, it would be a great addition, especially for this specific scenario.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:38:07 am »
I would like to know if anyone has a way to receive confirmation through SQ Remote that a scene has executed.

-Aeon labs door sensor.
-Fortrezz SSA1 siren.

I can only get an update through the status labels on the motion sensor, but the only 'status' I cn see to recieve is 'tripped' or 'OK' rather than 'armed' or 'disarmed' which is the status I am changing.

Any suggestions?
If you are happy with an SMS or an email as an alert for a scene being triggered, then you can do this through the event tab of the Scene you want to be alerted about.

In the event tab, just select "add event".
Select #0 MiOS from the Device drop down.
Then under "What type of event is the trigger?" select "A scene is active"
Name the event (anything you like)
Select the Scene that you want to alerted about under "Which scene"
Save

You should now be good to go!
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline pkitch

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:27 am »

-Aeon labs door sensor.
-Fortrezz SSA1 siren.

Any suggestions?
If you are happy with an SMS or an email as an alert for a scene being triggered, then you can do this through the event tab of the Scene you want to be alerted about.

In the event tab, just select "add event".
Select #0 MiOS from the Device drop down.
Then under "What type of event is the trigger?" select "A scene is active"
Name the event (anything you like)
Select the Scene that you want to alerted about under "Which scene"
Save

You should now be good to go!

Thanks Strangely, I am familiar with this, but it's a little slow, and would have preferred confirmation on the SQ Remote interface, perhaps from sensor status, but looks like not available for at least right now...

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 12:47:58 pm »
Well SQ remote can show you sensor status (tripped or not), but I assume what you want is to see if something is a visual representation of if its armed or not?
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline mda

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »
perhaps setup a virtual binary switch and have your scene set it to On, then off some minutes later (or if you have series of scenes each sets its switch to on and the others to off)? then if you show that device in SQ Remote as a Status Label (Light Status) it should show ON when your scene runs to provide visual confirmation in SQ Remote. Not ideal i realize, but it is a workaround i use.

Offline pkitch

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 08:29:28 am »
Well SQ remote can show you sensor status (tripped or not), but I assume what you want is to see if something is a visual representation of if its armed or not?

Yes, exactly right. If there was option to read it as 'Armed' / 'Disarmed' that would give me my solution, but I also note that SQ Remote seems to be slow to update status. I have polling set to 3 seconds but sometimes does not seem to update,

Offline pkitch

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:56 am »
perhaps setup a virtual binary switch and have your scene set it to On, then off some minutes later (or if you have series of scenes each sets its switch to on and the others to off)? then if you show that device in SQ Remote as a Status Label (Light Status) it should show ON when your scene runs to provide visual confirmation in SQ Remote. Not ideal i realize, but it is a workaround i use.

Sounds logical, so (and I will search later) now I need to know how to make a virtual switch :)

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 10:11:16 am »
SQ Remote seems to be slow to update status. I have polling set to 3 seconds but sometimes does not seem to update,

We are looking into the "slow" update issue. There has been no change in the polling code on SQ Remote for a loooong time, so I am at an immediate loss as to why this should be slower... unless Vera is simply slower in replying to our polling requests...

Offline mda

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »
i believe the virtual switch is at http://www.box.net/shared/nj26aa91h5

i created one virtual switch for each scene that i wanted to display status for. in my case i named them "status-home", "status-leave", and "status-sleep" to correspond with my "Home", "Leave Home" and "Sleep" scenes. (the switch names are not used in the display however, so naming is just to make it easier to know which is which when programming).

in my scenes i used luup code to set status to ON for the scene just selected and to OFF for the others. For example, this is what is in Luup for my home scene (along with other unrelated stuff):

-- set status virtual devices so sq remote can show scene activation

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },124) -- status-home
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },123) -- status-leave
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },125) -- status-sleep

then in my SQ Remote setup i added a MIOS Controls -> Status Labels -> Light Status control for each of the 3 virtual switches and i placed them so that the name of the switch is off screen and just the status text is visible on the control pad. i then saved the SQ Remote config to box.net and opened edited the XML to replace "On" in the status message for 1 and default with a tick mark and a space for status 0, and i upped the font size. (see "sq remove screen shot")

now what happens is when i tap the scene button in SQ Remote it calls the scene and the scene sets the virtual devices on or off, and SQ Remote sees the on/off update to the virtual devices and show a green tick mark to the left of the one that is on and a space (nothing) for the others. This provides me with visual feedback that the scene did actually execute on vera (because it is the scene that changes the switch status).

i realize this is convoluted and perhaps there is a simpler way to do this which eludes me, but this way does in fact work quite nicely in practice.

Offline pkitch

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 11:00:58 pm »
i believe the virtual switch is at http://www.box.net/shared/nj26aa91h5

i created one virtual switch for each scene that i wanted to display status for. in my case i named them "status-home", "status-leave", and "status-sleep" to correspond with my "Home", "Leave Home" and "Sleep" scenes. (the switch names are not used in the display however, so naming is just to make it easier to know which is which when programming).

in my scenes i used luup code to set status to ON for the scene just selected and to OFF for the others. For example, this is what is in Luup for my home scene (along with other unrelated stuff):

-- set status virtual devices so sq remote can show scene activation

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="1" },124) -- status-home
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },123) -- status-leave
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1","SetTarget",{ newTargetValue="0" },125) -- status-sleep

then in my SQ Remote setup i added a MIOS Controls -> Status Labels -> Light Status control for each of the 3 virtual switches and i placed them so that the name of the switch is off screen and just the status text is visible on the control pad. i then saved the SQ Remote config to box.net and opened edited the XML to replace "On" in the status message for 1 and default with a tick mark and a space for status 0, and i upped the font size. (see "sq remove screen shot")

now what happens is when i tap the scene button in SQ Remote it calls the scene and the scene sets the virtual devices on or off, and SQ Remote sees the on/off update to the virtual devices and show a green tick mark to the left of the one that is on and a space (nothing) for the others. This provides me with visual feedback that the scene did actually execute on vera (because it is the scene that changes the switch status).

i realize this is convoluted and perhaps there is a simpler way to do this which eludes me, but this way does in fact work quite nicely in practice.

Whoa, thanks! Wish me luck...

Offline mda

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »
yeah, seems like it should be a lot easier to do than that.... sorry...

maybe someone smarter has a better approach?

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 01:40:12 am »
Is there a standardized scene executed variable that we can read from user_data / lu_status. I apologize for asking instead of spending time digging myself, but if anyone knows then this would REALLY help to speed this up.

Offline pkitch

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 09:08:52 am »
SQ Remote seems to be slow to update status. I have polling set to 3 seconds but sometimes does not seem to update,

We are looking into the "slow" update issue. There has been no change in the polling code on SQ Remote for a loooong time, so I am at an immediate loss as to why this should be slower... unless Vera is simply slower in replying to our polling requests...

FYI I have SQ Remote running on iphone4, iPad and 1st gen iPod touch. The iPod updates INSTANTLY whereas the other two can take over a minute. Hope this gives some insight.