We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted  (Read 76484 times)

Offline saf101

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2011, 01:23:57 pm »
would love support for Everspring SF812...

Offline sschick77

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »
I upgraded to 1.1.1224 this morning, and since then my Kwikset lever lock has stopped logging.  Tried excluding and readding, but still no events logged

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2011, 09:29:52 pm »
1224 was a limited beta which we tested yesterday. It had some regressions that are being fixed today. I really don't recommend installing beta versions until we've done some testing on them. But if you must, well, there you go.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2011, 12:27:08 am »
I have reported issues with my kwikset locks using 1.1.1224. They are not getting the correct status after issuing a lock or unlock command. As CMRancho has stated please do not load a beta firmware that has not been publicly announced and report issues. If you feel that you want to help out with beta testing, contact MCV support via email and let them know you are interested in beta testing.

- Garrett

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2011, 01:02:27 am »
If you feel that you want to help out with beta testing, contact MCV support via email and let them know you are interested in beta testing.
Any particular qualification requirements?
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2011, 01:15:01 am »
Yes, a few.   They typically involve long-time usage of Vera, strong demonstrated Technical background, active (and useful) posts in the Forum, with strong/clear communication skills and a general sense of pragmatism.

Of course, these are just my observations of the characteristics of the Beta team members that frequently contribute.

Not all are SW folks, but most have a proven technical background in their respective field, and a general ability to calmly use things that will often require you to feel comfortable breaking and rebuilding your Vera on a regular basis.... up to and including running with a Broken Vera for days on end as issues get resolved...

I like to use the term "crash test dummy", as it's often appropriate.   8)

Offline sschick77

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2011, 09:21:42 am »
I really don't recommend installing beta versions until we've done some testing on them. But if you must, well, there you go.

Sorry I know it was my first post, but I have a strange compulsion to install software updates to satisfy my curiosity that I might be missing a new cool feature (streaming video!).  And since it was an open link I went for it.  I didn't see anything regarding the door lock log, so I thought I'd post for awareness.  If there's a more official route, I'll use that next time, or if not, I'll just keep quiet until the true RTM releases.  As for beta software, I'm a senior developer for a Fortune 50 company, so have a high tolerance for breaking/fixing things.

But anyway, I've been lurking on the forum for a while.  Had my Vera for a couple months now.  Adding more components as I go.  Currently have 3 cameras, a Kwikset lock, 4 water leak sensors, thermostat, and a water shutoff valve.  Have a bunch of light switches ordered and another Kwikset deadbolt. Having fun so far, and my wife's even starting to get into the fun. 

Offline CMRancho

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2011, 10:01:01 am »
@sshick77: We're glad to have you join in the fun! It sounds like you will bring a lot to the party.

And your wife must be a very special person. Treasure her.
Vera123beta; Schlage, Kwikset, TZEMT400; Linksys cams, Smarteye cams, HSM100; Aeon, Everspring, Cooper, Leviton, Intermatic, FortrezZ, Global Caché, USB-UIRT, Somfy, etc.

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2011, 09:58:48 am »
SSCHICK77--

Can you describe specifically what zwave water sensors and water cutoff valves you're using. Thanks for your help in advance.

Don

I really don't recommend installing beta versions until we've done some testing on them. But if you must, well, there you go.

Sorry I know it was my first post, but I have a strange compulsion to install software updates to satisfy my curiosity that I might be missing a new cool feature (streaming video!).  And since it was an open link I went for it.  I didn't see anything regarding the door lock log, so I thought I'd post for awareness.  If there's a more official route, I'll use that next time, or if not, I'll just keep quiet until the true RTM releases.  As for beta software, I'm a senior developer for a Fortune 50 company, so have a high tolerance for breaking/fixing things.

But anyway, I've been lurking on the forum for a while.  Had my Vera for a couple months now.  Adding more components as I go.  Currently have 3 cameras, a Kwikset lock, 4 water leak sensors, thermostat, and a water shutoff valve.  Have a bunch of light switches ordered and another Kwikset deadbolt. Having fun so far, and my wife's even starting to get into the fun. 
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »
Most likely he's using the FortrezZ WWA water and freeze alarms and the FortrezZ water main valve. I also have been using these and they work well, although I've had some reliability issues with the older FortrezZ water alarms.  You can find reviews on my website or by going to FortrezZ.com
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline sschick77

« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
That is correct, I'm using Fortrezz for both sensors and shutoff.

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2011, 02:05:14 am »
Has anyone tried Firmware Version 1.1.1229-1?  Is this also Beta, and are there any issues to be made aware of before I switch from 1.1.1186?
Vera 2 UI5 (1.5.622)... and too many Z-Wave/Ethernet/Wi-Fi devices to list.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2011, 02:19:44 am »
Please hold off installing any none announced firmwares. There is a reason why we tell everyone to hold off. There are still bugs being worked out.

- Garrett

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:36 am »
kinda figured, too late.  already started it, can't turn back now. screw it, i'll be a guinea pig.  I tried looking through this forum on anything in regards to the 1.1.1229 firmware and couldn't find any information on it.  I used micasaverde's website which showed me the latest firmware being the 1.1.1229, the dashboard through the GUI of Vera itself informed me that I had the latest being 1.1.1186.  Which I found kinda strange.  oh, well.  My Z Wave Network is small any way, that's okay if anything breaks or isn't supported I'll be sure to post it.  It's the least I can do.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:49:19 pm by iflyM3 »

Offline iflyM3

« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »
update @ 1841, I performed a stress test and heal overnight with the Beta Firmware 1.1.1229 and omg, wow! I'm getting 5 Stars for everything even my locks which I have never seen before.  I usually only have 4 or 5 stars for about 2 of my switches and then about 1 or 2 stars for everything else.  Vera's response time is also a lot faster now, after the firmware update using the "Beta" and a stress test and heal.  I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and for something to go wrong, tho.  I'll keep posting my findings and leaving feedback.  So far, I have not noticed any negative impact.

-Just a note, I wouldn't jump on this Beta release just yet because I have no idea what negative impacts lay ahead.  If my Vera bricks itself or stops working I'll be sure to post it.  Is anyone else rock'n this Firmware 1.1.1229?