We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted  (Read 76728 times)

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
Re: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2011, 11:06:33 am »
Ok, I decided to stay off the forum for a few days after upgrading to let the new OS speak for itself. Here's my experience so far...it's basically the same. I lost a fan switch when installing and my scenes are running slower but beyond that, I don't see much difference.

Here's what I was hoping for, and maybe it's there and I just don't see it.
1. Clear, easy to read documentation that is easy to find. (the search function on the wiki SUCKS!)
2. Support for the Puck (without having to write a bunch of code)
3. and/if control of scenes
4. The ability to run a "Heal" without spending 2 days trying to get my locks to work again

Did any of these come to be?

The main focus of this latest firmware was bug fixes.  There were a lot of seemingly minor issues within Vera that had caused the user experience to be very poor for some people.  Lots of system restarts, reliability issues, etc.  The focus of the firmware was not to add new functionality.

Follow this link for release notes on the firmware.  Then, maybe you will see the extent of the efforts.  There are a LOT of fixes included in this release...

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Release_Notes
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2011, 11:28:58 am »
I hold my breath (dont jinx me!) while saying this but my system had been much more reliable since upgrade, I had scenes that would run in 3-10 seconds sometimes, and 1-3 minutes (or not at all) other times, since upgrade they have run every time in less than 5 seconds (knocking on wood!), as others have mentioned the focus of this release was on stability not features and my experience has been a substantial improvement, rest assured the drumbeat for contined improvements is already sounding behing the scenes, overall though the end user experience is going to be shaped by each persons particular setup on whether they will notice improvements or lack thereof
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:19:36 pm by pgrover516 »
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline JOD

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2011, 11:53:52 am »

I feel your frustration and if it gives you any peace of mind, there are a bunch of great guys working every day here both in front and behind the scenes pushing for everything you can imagine to better the product.

Hang in there...

JOD.

Uh....no there's not.

As I’ve said before, the beta testers are end users, we suffer the same problems that everyone else suffers from. My comment above was letting you all know that the beta testers are working behind the scenes to make Vera a better product and they push MCV every day to try to achieve that. That’s probably why MCV has no time to make announcements, they are tied to their desks working hard on the next release....
Seriously though, 1.1.1183 contained more fixes than I’ve seen in one release and yes, there are still issues that need to be resolved. One way to help get issues resolved is to post them. If possible, record them on Mantis too..

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline fall-line

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2011, 12:32:12 pm »
I just read through the mantis bug, but just wanted to be certain. It is expected that the SQ blaster plugin is totally broken with the new firmware? So far this is the only functionality that I have lost with the 1183 upgrade. I have IR commands built into several key scenes, so I'm finding I miss it more than I expected.

Thanks

See Bug# 1393, as it's likely related:
     http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=1393

The only way to know for sure would be to enable Verbose logging, login (SSH) and look at the logs during an IR Operation, but it's likely a generic "IR-Device" problem, given what I've seen so far (it also impacts the MiOS Plugin for SQBlaster)

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2011, 12:44:29 pm »
No, SQ Remote should work just as before.  There are no reported issues on that as of now.
"Lots of Z wave switches by various companies", 8 Panasonic IP cameras, 4 Schlage locks, 2 Kwikset locks, 3 Z-wave thermometers, 2 5 button Cooper scene controllers, etc.

Offline fall-line

« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2011, 12:56:03 pm »
SQ Remote iOS app is working fine for both Vera and SQ Blaster control for me. The problem I'm having is controlling the SQ Blaster from Vera scenes via @guessed's SQ_Blaster plugin (http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sqblaster).

Offline mhn

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2011, 12:56:26 pm »
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=4987.0

"I have been told by MCV that this has now been fixed, and the next official release of Vera firmware will no longer have this problem. So something WAS broken... thanks to everyone (especially krfar) for bringing this to our attention.

John "

Offline TheGadgetGuy

• Technology Guru
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 01:50:22 pm »
@fall-line:  Sorry, misread your original post.

Offline bdevaux

« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 02:36:07 pm »
my 2 cents as a new user with few items, less reboots and all works as is

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2011, 03:50:47 pm »
We went through the items users have reported so far:

Confirmed regressions that we fixed today:

r1 - mda - can no longer delete Insteon devices

r2 - mda - Keypadlinc dimmer not working

r3 - JimMac - 3-in-1 parameters lost and in wrong column

r4 - pncortes - i/r with gc100 broken

r5 - sjolshagen - restarts every hour (this was a bug in our Energy reporting)

r6 - saf101 - tab remote shows 'received invalid response'

The following issues we do not feel are related to the firmware:

x1 - mvakoc - fwd servers down, several users not getting notification, MySql Error on server: This isn't firmware related.  One of the event servers was getting flooded yesterday.  Our IT guy is working on another update to prevent these problems, but the release of a new firmware isn't effected

x2 - hankai - Wrong platform error: This is something with the configuration of your Vera, and is not firmware related.  Our IT guy is working to figure out why.

x3 - n5nhl - 'update failed': Same as x2

x4 - mbairhead - scenes slowed down: This isn't really firmware related.  The scenes will take longer to run if devices are being configured or the network is busy.

x5 - DonDiego - formatting of repair report missing cr/lf.  They're still there.  Nothing changed.  I think it's a browser issue

x6.  DonDiego - save backup not working.  This seems to be related to some headers getting stripped when using this remotely.  The firmware isn't effected.

x7.  terencec - more than 1 vera on the update page: not firmware related.  Do you have a screen shot?

x8.  terencec: 3-in-1 temp sensor showing 18C when log shows 21C, Continuous "Sever Busy" message on UI.  I found your Vera's logs on our server, and strangely, everything seems to be running fine.  No crashes, no reboots, nothing.  I think it must be a networking problem.

The following issues are not new, so we don't want to hold up this release:

i1.  scotthay: Schlage lock pin event for 'any user'

i2.  ap15e: 'MiOS Marketplace' -> check 'Show unreleased beta plugins' -> go to page 2  (we're in the middle of redoing this whole thing anyway)

To resolve the following issues we would need you to turn on verbose logging (advanced, logs), and after the problem happens again, submit a trouble ticket

d1.  JimMac - Schlage battery low not working

d2.  DonDiego - Schlage schedule doesn't update properly

d3.  pgrover516 - can't change wakeup value

d4.  JimMac - Off Scenes didn't work on the Leviton controllers

d5.  mda: 2 or 3 notifications when i enter a pin on my kwikset lock

d6.  mda: Wwhen i enter pin #1, the vera notification says I entered pin #2

d7.  pkitch: Scene notifications from Events are lost/deleted

d8.  saf101: scene created Valid Pin entered XXXX  not working

Next steps:

We're going to build a new firmware that addresses r1-r6, and release it as a 'beta 2', and then release it publicly if no further regressions are found.

Offline sjolshagen

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »
Credit where credit is due, so I wanted to acknowledge the impressive improvement in communications.

Thanks for the detailed list & update!
Vera3/UI5 @ v1.5.622

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »
Credit where credit is due, so I wanted to acknowledge the impressive improvement in communications.

Thanks for the detailed list & update!

Agreed. If MCV just lets us know what's going on then we won't have the feeling we're off on our own. Oh and acknowledge help requests (before just today) would be nice.

So the next several updates are going to be fixes, no new features if I read above right. While I know I would be cursing blue blazes if I was one of the ones without a working Vera and not getting any help, I'm not, so I'm slightly disappointed. Is there any chance of getting better documentation in the mean time?

x4 - mbairhead - scenes slowed down: This isn't really firmware related.  The scenes will take longer to run if devices are being configured or the network is busy.

Can someone explain this to me? These scenes run slow all the time so it can't always be when devices are being configured or the network is busy. And even if it was, why did they slow down with this latest update? (btw, thanks for adding it, I really thought I was shouting down a hole).

Offline anthonyris

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2011, 04:15:25 pm »
- Ditto on not being able to save any values in the "Fire warning event when battery is below" setting. Mine happen to be two ZIR000 sensors. Both have same behavior.

- Battery level not being reported correctly (all show 100%, and batteries are at least 6 mos old...).

Chatty Logs sent with Support ticket.
.//A.

Edit:  One more problem, any value entered in "Fire warning event when battery is below:" for a Schlage door latch is lost and not saved.
Vera3x2, Leviton, GE dimmers, relays and lamp modules, Sonos, Nests...

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2011, 06:32:00 pm »
MCV: scratch d3, after giving it some time they seem to be correctly configured. In the past when I changed wakeup interval on these sensors I used to get a status message saying "waiting for wakeup to configure" then upon wakeup/configuration this message would go away. Now when I change the interval I get no message but given enough time they seem to be correctly configured. My bad   :P
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline jsed

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2011, 07:09:09 pm »
Error when changing Vera2 connection to a bridge. Scan for networks will not work- so cannot convert Vera to bridge. 2nd time out of 2 installations of 1.1.1183 beta that this has happened. Reboot does not fix.