We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted  (Read 76721 times)

Offline FIST

Re: Regressions with the 1.1.1183 beta just posted
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2011, 05:02:17 pm »
I just installed the beta today (and searched this thread for the same problem)-

I saw that folks can't delete Insteon devices, but has anybody had any issues deleting Z-wave devices?

The "Delete Device" button no longer exists at the bottom of "Advanced" and when I select the Trash icon in the upper right, the response is "Received Empty Response"

Any other way to delete a device from the network?

Thanks
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1186), 3xVRI06, 1xVRI10, 4xVRS05, 3xVRS15, 2x VRF01, 5xVRP03, 2xTrane Therm, 2xAeon Labs Door/Window Sensor, 1xHSM100, 2xACT ZIR000, 1xForrezZ WWA-01, 2xGE 45613, 5x GE45606, 4xGE 45605, 2xGE 45604, 5xGE 45603, 4xGE 45602, 2xKwikset Deadbolts..

Offline stampe

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2011, 07:12:47 pm »
I just installed the beta today (and searched this thread for the same problem)-

I saw that folks can't delete Insteon devices, but has anybody had any issues deleting Z-wave devices?

The "Delete Device" button no longer exists at the bottom of "Advanced" and when I select the Trash icon in the upper right, the response is "Received Empty Response"

Thanks

Yep, I am having the same issues, trying to delete (and re-add) an Aeon Labs HEM Z-wave device.
I get the "Received Empty Response". The device disappears for a short wile (visually at least) , but then reappears, and then it fails configure the device (posted in previous message)

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2011, 12:08:54 am »
It appears that some are having problems pairing schlage locks after upgrade to 1083
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »
13.  shady: No ZWave dongle

result: not enough info

Please provide the serial number and date/time.  Be sure verbose logging is enabled, or else the logs won't have enough detail in them.

I am trying my best to catch this condition with Verbose logging turned on.  As soon as I do you'll be the first to know.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline FIST

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2011, 08:00:01 pm »

Thanks

Yep, I am having the same issues, trying to delete (and re-add) an Aeon Labs HEM Z-wave device.
I get the "Received Empty Response". The device disappears for a short wile (visually at least) , but then reappears, and then it fails configure the device (posted in previous message)

..Update.. I was able to delete a Generic IP Camera with no problems..
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1186), 3xVRI06, 1xVRI10, 4xVRS05, 3xVRS15, 2x VRF01, 5xVRP03, 2xTrane Therm, 2xAeon Labs Door/Window Sensor, 1xHSM100, 2xACT ZIR000, 1xForrezZ WWA-01, 2xGE 45613, 5x GE45606, 4xGE 45605, 2xGE 45604, 5xGE 45603, 4xGE 45602, 2xKwikset Deadbolts..

Offline stampe

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2011, 03:46:39 am »

Thanks

Replying to myself here...

I got an update (3.60) from AEON for the HEM, and now they are working a notch better, however I get way off scaling (factor x100).
Is there a way to set the scaling in the GUI? Or is it poosible to (hack) the xml (D_PowerMeter1.xml) file directly. I found it, but it's compressed in lzo, so I'll need find a way to change it...

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2011, 05:28:34 am »
Download, modify and re-upload it via GUI or use pluto-lzo from the command line to decompress and recompress it.

Offline mtncomm1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2011, 04:46:23 pm »
It appears that some are having problems pairing schlage locks after upgrade to 1183

I had zero luck pairing 2 Schlage lever locks on a Vera2 that was recently updated from 1047 to 1183. I attempted multiple times over 2 days to unpair/reset lock/pair with no success. Tried both hi power and low power, with various time outs and various distances between locks and Vera. I ended up reverting back to 1047 firmware, and got green lights on both locks at 15-20 feet from Vera on the first try. Locks were recognized as new nodes AND as door locks with 1183, but would not exchange name, secure classes, associations, etc.

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2011, 08:03:24 am »
x4 - mbairhead - scenes slowed down: This isn't really firmware related.  The scenes will take longer to run if devices are being configured or the network is busy.

Ok, seriously guys, if this is actually the problem, what's the fix. This is getting worse and worse. Now my iVera and SQ remotes are timing out waiting on Vera and I don't even bother trying to run scenes anymore. I have one that runs correctly with input from me and the rest are time based so I wouldn't notice if it took an extra 3 or 4 minutes.

Offline JOD

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2011, 10:23:15 am »
mbairhead,
If you dont have any devices with red halo's in your system then your question may be answered by the following quote.
"Z-Wave issue #9"

Personally I dont believe this is the cause. It makes no sense to me that Vera waits for 30 mins (Sigma issue) to execute a scene when my secondary controller (non Vera) can execute the same scene in seconds, both controllers use the same Zensys / Sigma chipset and the same build. For me there is still a bug in the FW but without the data to prove it, I have to wait to see what comes out of MCV's Sigma trip.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline mversluis

« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:08 am »
We faced the same problem after upgrading to the new ( beta ) firmware.

Every motion sensor in / and arround the house has a delay of 20-30 seconds till 3-10 minutes. This is not working any more like this.

Open the garage door and most wait for the light will go on ( the switch is located at the back of a other "locked" door )
Yesterday evening it took about 3 min.

Walk to the hallway , motion sensor is tripped , just wait for a couple of minutes and then the lights will go on.

Open the front door , the door sensor is tripped, just walk to the hallway near the kitchen and after some minutes the lights go on.

Same on the first floor.

I really have a issue┬┤s with this F##### delay and its not working any more for me.

Is there any possible way to go back to the older ( more stable ) version ..?

Many thanks in advance
Best regards,
marco
An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture,
 Whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows.  An idealist, however is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else:  the possibility of changing the picture, of making the light prevail over shadows.

Offline JimMac

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »
Well last weekend my Vera2 decided to die a slow ugly death. I am not sure what series of events triggered the problem(s) but here is what happened:

First I upgraded to 1183 then 1186 and all seemed well (except the known 3in1 problem) until I turned on Verbose logging without the USB option.  After a day I lost contact with my Vera so I reset it.  On start up after the Server Busy window I found that ALL of my devices were doubled.  The second set of devices were placed in the Devices tab but each and every one had the same name as the original.  I tried to delete them but received a "Received Empty Response" or no error at all but the device won't delete.
After some playing around with a factory reset and dongle erase, every backup restored had the same problem.  I tried to pair my schlage door locks and received a security code error.  Some more playing around landed me the "No Zwave Dongle" error.  After a series of dongle firmware flashes I just could not get rid of that error.  I have no idea what I did but the next day something fixed the no zwave dongle error.  I took the opertunity to rebuild from scratch.   Once again the Schlage locks have security code problems and the 3in1 with the same data but all lights switches worked.  I got half way entering my devices and adding a few scenes when I decided to enable the remote USB logging.  Guess what!  All my devices doubled again.... back to square one.

Has anyone had this doubling issue?  I can load any old backup and all devices will be doubled on restart.

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2011, 01:49:27 pm »
mbairhead,
If you dont have any devices with red halo's in your system then your question may be answered by the following quote.
"Z-Wave issue #9"
No red halo's but my issue has started before I even run my scenes now. My Vera2 seems to be busy all the time, it's causing my remotes to either lose connection or not connect for an extended period....rendering them basically useless. I've made no changes since the new firmware, no new switches, scenes, literally nothing is new.

Personally I dont believe this is the cause. It makes no sense to me that Vera waits for 30 mins (Sigma issue) to execute a scene when my secondary controller (non Vera) can execute the same scene in seconds, both controllers use the same Zensys / Sigma chipset and the same build. For me there is still a bug in the FW but without the data to prove it, I have to wait to see what comes out of MCV's Sigma trip.

JOD.
I understand that MCV is working on patching things up with the new firmware but I'm worried that they are blowing this issue off altogether, given their statement in my complaint.

Offline JOD

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:56 pm »
@JimMac,

There is a warning message next to Verbose logging that reads.....
Verbose logging (May cause system instability if you're not using USB logging)

Did you have a USB drive plugged in?

If you only have a few devices or your backup file is less than say 250kb there is no real need for the USB logging to be enabled.

JOD.
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline JimMac

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »
JOD

I read the warning thinking that a lockup may occur but not this.  I have 38 devices and my Vera is located in my summer house 60 miles away.  When MCV asked me to tun on Verbose logging I took the chance as I could not plug in a memory stick without a long drive.  

Edit:  The second time I activated USB logging I had a memory stick in Vera's USB port.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:05:48 pm by JimMac »